Newport County (A) FACR2 Sun 27th Nov

Much better second half, two class goals and nice to spoil ITV's story and upset the match summariser who thought Newport deserved another goal because of their fans! No surprise she chose a Newport player for man of the match. Should have had the TV on mute.  Well done Derby and the fans who travelled, look forward to the third round draw on Monday.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is that Sibley driving?

Good job that Warne decided to let him play further forward, there's some on here think he's a rubbish wingback! ?

He’s a terrible wing back. As someone else said when had someone in front of him to pass to and overlap or use as a decoy was much better. I don’t think anyone thinks left back is his position long term though.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Pretty much all that matters is being in the 3rd round. Mission accomplished.

But not much to be happy about otherwise. At least Jason Knight and Tom Barkhuizen got back on the pitch.

Really? Into the next round because we won, came back from a losing position to win, avoided a replay with the win, goal and assist for Sibley leading to a Derby win, more great goalkeeping from Wildsmith to make sure Derby won, no further injuries suffered during that win, more minutes for recovering players during that win…. Plenty to be happy about for me, but then I am a very simple man 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why take off Sibley? Just change to a 4 at the back and pass the bloody ball to him up field! He looks so lost stood out on the wing, Hourihane never passes to him and takes any pass that might get though to him. Poor Louie. ?

Good call @RoyMac5! Certainly paid off keeping him on the pitch!

My feeling was he was being asked to do all the things he isn't much good at. In the second half we got to see him going forward. Good performance in the end.