Portsmouth (A) Fri 18th Nov 2022

We’re making good progress when you think we are disappointed and frustrated to only take a point away at a strong Portsmouth side.

Not too long ago it would be a mixture of relief and outright disbelief.

Warne is doing a very good job when you think about how resolute and professional the performances are, given the injuries we have and how stretched the squad is.

An encouraging point tonight and one that bodes well for the future. We’re very well placed to kick on in December and the rest of the season.

We definitely should be looking to cement a play off position.

Well we had a LB in the middle of a back three, an attacking midfielder LWB, a midfielder at RB, a lad with his second league start at RCB, a lad with a handful of games in centre midfield, coming off a tough schedule of games…think we did pretty well.

Collins had one of those games, getting frustrated with others whilst running about achieving little. 

Sky Sports giving Dale MOTM who did nothing all game against Sibley as a LWB???

Sibley will have his critics but I think a game like tonight will do him some good because he will learn positional play by playing in that position. He did ok tonight all things considered. I think he’s learnt more these last 10 games than he’s done in the previous 90.

Defensively we were excellent, in fairness so were they. We had the better chances but a draw a fair result. Our best chances never fell to the player you would want it to unfortunately. 

Quite funny seeing a side getting frustrated by time wasting at throw ins considering they have a whole routine involving towels for every throw in all game. 

Edited by TuffLuff

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Well we had a LB in the middle of a back three, an attacking midfielder LWB, a midfielder at RB, a lad with his second league start at RCB, a lad with a handful of games in centre midfield, coming off a tough schedule of games…think we did pretty well.

Collins had one of those games, getting frustrated with others whilst running about achieving little. 

Sky Sports giving Dale MOTM who did nothing all game against Sibley as a LWB???

Sibley will have his critics but I think a game like tonight will do him some good because he will learn positional play by playing in that position. He did ok tonight all things considered. I think he’s learnt more these last 10 games than he’s done in the previous 90.

Defensively we were excellent, in fairness so they were. We had the better chances but a draw a fair result. Our best chances never fell to the player you would want it to unfortunately. 

Quite funny seeing a side getting frustrated by time wasting at throw ins considering they have a whole routine involving towels for every throw in all game. 

Dale had him on toast first half.. died off a bit second half but was still a threat imo

would happily have him at derby 

3 minutes ago, Damon1985 said:

I love it... we now dont get bullied... we not conceding silly goals. I was a massive liam fan but not realise were doing what it takes in league one... pw you hero 

Still give some credit to Liam, its the players that he recruited and persuaded to join the Rams thats doing the business now under Paul Warne and who's to say it could have been the same under Liam's management (We will never know). But I take my hat off to Paul Warne and his team of coach's. Still think we need some addition's to the squad in January.

Great effort. They never looked like scoring. Difficult game in an intimidating atmosphere of silence and moaning accompanying a bell being incessantly rung. A point was a fair result. I love Fozzy, shame he couldn’t get on the end of that one at the end. Gutted about NML. Onwards and upwards. COYR ?