Torquay (H) FACR1 (Replay) Tues 15th Nov 2022

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Eh? I've not seen it. What's the issue?

There was no issue. If someone doesn't like a manager they will always find an issue no matter what he says.

Warne was happy we'd won, thought we'd played well in parts and not so good in other parts. A fairly sensible and innocuous interview I thought.

Fairly professional job done.  Their player Lapslie should have been off twice.  Filthy player.  Osula needs to learn to pass rather than run into 3 players.  if he passes to McGoldrick once in the first half and after a 60 yard sprint by the old boy in the second, it's 7-0.  He looked proper pissed off with the second after that run went begging. 

7 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Haven't got used to Warne yet. Don't think that post-match interview really did anyone any good. Just weird things to say that can't possibly come to good

I know what you mean but I think he was just trying to stop anyone getting carried away. 

We only had to play this game because we embarrassed ourselves in the first one, not very long ago. 

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Eh? I've not seen it. What's the issue?

Honestly I'm not a Warne critic, but he does have a habit of saying really odd things.

He said he was disappointed with aspects of today, the game was too open, Torquay could have scored 3 etc. Couldn't really bring himself to compliment the performance very much. Said he has a lot of over 30s, and a lot of u21s, and that 22-28 is the peak age to play which he doesn't have many of. Said the Torquay fans were great. Mark Chapman said "the Derby fans were great too though". He says "oh yeah of course, good banter tonight as it should be. But it's easier to be supportive when you're winning. Torquay were losing. That's why I respect them"

Just...why do you need to say that mate? Why criticise the performance? By all means be a perfectionist, but come on, that's such a Nigel Clough thing to say! ?

Like I said, I'm just not used to the way he is. Football does the talking in terms of his ability as a manager and we've just won 5-0 so no issue there. He just has me scratching my head when I hear him speak

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Fairly professional job done.  Their player Lapslie should have been off twice.  Filthy player.  Osula needs to learn to pass rather than run into 3 players.  if he passes to McGoldrick once in the first half and after a 60 yard sprint by the old boy in the second, it's 7-0.  He looked proper pissed off with the second after that run went begging. 

Osula did release Thommo and mcgoldrick did run into dead ends. 

Some good and bad in each of our players. 

But a good night overall.... Paul Warne " I've got a lot of players over 30. Some of them are nearly 40. I've got a lot of players around 20. The prime age for players is 22-28....."

?

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

I know what you mean but I think he was just trying to stop anyone getting carried away. 

We only had to play this game because we embarrassed ourselves in the first one, not very long ago. 

Well there's that I guess, but I don't know if that would motivate me if I was a player. If he's honest and brave enough to come out post-match and have criticisms of performance after 5-0 that's great but he actually seemed really not all that thrilled to have won at all. Far more negative than it needed to be

He's an eccentric guy, he'll take some getting used to for me

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Honestly I'm not a Warne critic, but he does have a habit of saying really odd things.

He said he was disappointed with aspects of today, the game was too open, Torquay could have scored 3 etc. Couldn't really bring himself to compliment the performance very much. Said he has a lot of over 30s, and a lot of u21s, and that 22-28 is the peak age to play which he doesn't have many of. Said the Torquay fans were great. Mark Chapman said "the Derby fans were great too though". He says "oh yeah of course, good banter tonight as it should be. But it's easier to be supportive when you're winning. Torquay were losing. That's why I respect them"

Just...why do you need to say that mate? Why criticise the performance? By all means be a perfectionist, but come on, that's such a Nigel Clough thing to say! ?

Like I said, I'm just not used to the way he is. Football does the talking in terms of his ability as a manager and we've just won 5-0 so no issue there. He just has me scratching my head when I hear him speak

He was honest in his interview. Would you rather he spoke in the classic football manager interview style of giving complete none answers? He gave an honest appraisal. 

7 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

There was no issue. If someone doesn't like a manager they will always find an issue no matter what he says.

Warne was happy we'd won, thought we'd played well in parts and not so good in other parts. A fairly sensible and innocuous interview I thought.

I didn't say I don't like the guy so give that a rest

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I agree with him. It was the poorest 5 nil win I've ever seen. 

They were very open to the point of being suicidal, so we were always going to score. 

No control of the game even when 3, 4, 5 up. 

Some poor performances from 3 or 4 players today 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

He was honest in his interview. Would you rather he spoke in the classic football manager interview style of giving complete none answers? He gave an honest appraisal. 

No, I like him being honest. I don't think he was honest enough. He seemed to be consciously restricting his praise

He won the game, don't overthink it, just enjoy it!

Just now, Tombo said:

No, I like him being honest. I don't think he was honest enough. He seemed to be consciously restricting his praise

He won the game, don't overthink it, just enjoy it!

You just have a different view point to him. For a 5-0 win, it wasn't all that spectacular. I thought his comments were fair and reasonable.