Torquay v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

If it's any consolation, Liverpool are giving Spurs a bit of a battering at the minute and we go there next with a a half fit team, lacking confidence after having just been outplayed by the team sat rock bottom of the National League.

suicide.gif

I’ll be putting a £5 bet on us to beat Liverpool ??

Just now, desirelines said:

FA Cup always throws up strange results. Let’s not top ourselves just yet. As far as I see Torquay have earned the right to a nice payday and a battering at Pride Park. 

I don’t think it’s the result that’s upsetting us. It was the very poor (even allowing for being down to 10 men) second half performance.

Torquay certainly deserved at least a reply but I’m not sure it will be that big a payday for them once you’ve deducted the costs of staging the game. I doubt very much it will be anywhere near a big crown and I would expect ticket prices to be low. I wouldn’t be too sure about them getting a battering either.

Just now, Sparkle said:

That was the same with the previous man in charge this season as well though 

Mostly yeah, but when in the lead Liam's approach was to try and keep the ball and play our way out of trouble. Warne's seems to be get it clear, sit deep and defend for your lives. Liam's method results in a few mistakes as we give the ball away in dangerous positions but we can at least get a bit further up the pitch and pose a threat to the opponent. Warne's method means more men behind the ball to help defend but we just give the opposition the ball straight back meaning we're under relentless pressure until full time or we concede. Pick your poison I guess. 

One person to blame and he was sent off, Character is what can make a player in circumstances like this, Lack of character is what we had today, They wanted it more than us and it showed.

Now starting to get a little concerned with giving pens away and sending's off and a poor disciplinary record, Another game to clog up an already congested fixture list.  

Could seeing what the draw is for the next round influence the team that is put out for the replay?

The players seem to be in dire need of a rest and because of the lack of squad depth there is little room for rotation. You can’t blame anyone currently at the club atm for that, but it seems like we struggle to play a whole 90 and added on time.

Could we maybe look into the loan market to add some short term cover. Or could we maybe look into some loan with an option to buy (for free) in the transfer market.

maybe jake Rooney could have a run of games with cashin suspended for mk dons.

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

only players with merit Forsyth smith and Osula - the rest were cobblers 

Oh come on, I reckon his non-existence was half of why Cash was running around so madly!

Bird was certainly decent as was Sibbo 1st half.

It all hinged on the red card. They'd had us under pressure and that just helped them step it up.

Very few of our players seem able to challenge well for the ball in the air. 

10 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I notice this has brought out the wrist-slashers in force. How long do you reckon it will be until they've burnt themselves out and it'll be safe to come back on the forum? ? 

I don't know how some of them make it through the day! I'm disappointed we didn't win, but its not going to spoil my day (and I get to enjoy another home match, which is nice).

Edited by LazloW