Derby County v Bristol Rovers Saturday 29 October 2022

Gritstone Ram

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Folk on here have been screaming for us to "play the game".
What little "time wasting" we did is nothing more than "Par for the game" in this day and age.  Nothing to see here!

I did notice though... quite early in the game, if I recall... Our players mobbing the ref following a hefty challenge (Don't recall the details).
They all got a finger wagging and a telling off, and didn't dare try it again!  Like being back at school!    ?

Thought the so-called inexperienced ref handle the job very well, on the whole, so well done him.  ?

It was when NML was hacked by the left-back after he’d been turned. We were 1-0 up and NML was clearly targeted for a wallop.

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Also wish we’d leave a forward up when we defend set pieces. Almost certainly takes two players out of their attack.

Pointless Dobbin, for instance, going back to mark. He just gets in the way of people who can head the ball.

Much better that they worry about his pace on the break.

Think Collins agrees with you - did you see him massively tear a strip off Dobbin at one point?

8 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

It was far too early to do that

Not according to the man who sets the stall out...PW, How many times this season have teams played the "time wasting game" at PP, Exeter started when they parked the bus outside of the stadium, Forward reverse, Forward revers just to eat the clock up.

It aint nice being the home team, But as I said previous...they don't like it up em when we do it, Sod em, What's good for the goose is good for me...phuck em.

Great all round team performance. Difference between Tuesday and Saturday was night and day. An example of which was Mendez lang. In the build up to didzys second goal he won a header on the edge of the box which was brave. Even braver considering he was flattened on the touchline moments before. 

Different mental attitude towards how the manager wants them to play is the key to success this season. 

Think some Derby fans expect Warne football to be boring and ineffective with the players we have. Not today. 

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

While watching the Red Roses Wallop the Willyroos at a absolutely rain sodden Aukland...is it their summer over there?

Spring I think. 2022 has been the wettest year in aus and NZ for absolutely yonks. 

Summat about la nina climate feature. 

It's shut the family up who've emigrated there and keep banging on about how brilliant it is..... ?

13 hours ago, jono said:

Agree with all that. Bristol did try and target Smith and I though he struggled at times, he stood firm and coped very well under the added pressure. I guess the verdict on the pen is - yes it was. My view was pretty clear (except distance wise) they looked hip to hip muscle to muscle and Bristol guy just folded. Sure sure there was “contact” but that looked like it was a “bought” penalty and not foul play. It’s part of the game and I am sure we have done it but it still sticks in the craw.

On Fozzy, he isn’t a spring chicken but he seems quicker than in the last year or so, still has juice in the tank after 90 minutes. What an incredible servant of the club he is

Fozzy certainly is, he’s had some very bad injuries which he always comes back from just as good, some mistakes which he takes a lashing from some fans but once again once called upon does a very good job, especially as he isn’t playing in his natural position! Think some times Smith was going to be caught out which is natural when it’s not your position but from what I’ve seen and read Bristols front three is why they’ve been on a good run but we seemed to deal with them pretty well especially second half 

Just out of interest, anyone else think our second goal was offside 2 if not 3 players in front of goal were forward of all of opposition when the ball was played .. hey these decisions do balance out over a season 

5 minutes ago, jono said:

Just out of interest, anyone else think our second goal was offside 2 if not 3 players in front of goal were forward of all of opposition when the ball was played .. hey these decisions do balance out over a season 

Nope. The defender next to McGoldrick keeps everyone on 

Screenshot_2022-10-30-11-03-04-923-edit_com.google.android.youtube.thumb.jpg.4d9ed8f0d0bc951ff651a76449068e39.jpg

9 minutes ago, jono said:

Definitely onside.

I’ve got a freeze frame screenshot of when Roberts headed it which clearly shows he was onside. The photo size is too big to attach though (no doubt someone cleverer than I will be able to).

p.s. just seen @Kokosnuss post.

Edited by Tamworthram

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Definitely onside.

I’ve got a freeze frame screenshot of when Roberts headed it which clearly shows he was onside. The photo size is too big to attach though (no doubt someone cleverer than I will be able to).

p.s. just seen @Kokosnuss post.

I might be mixing my goals … I think I meant Diddzies 2nd ? 

I need to go and watch the highlights  again 

I think in a strange way, the manager has been forced to play a different system due to the mounting injury list and they've managed to stumble across a potential winning formula. This is what I hoped the new management team would do once they arrived. Tinker and not reinvent. For the first time under Warne, they played some good football and still managed the high intensity pressing. The quality of the goals was fantastic. McGoldrick and Collins are a brilliant combination. They did all their work in the space of 45 minutes. 

That McGoldrick hattrick is the best I've seen at Pride Park. What a player.

25 minutes ago, jono said:

I might be mixing my goals … I think I meant Diddzies 2nd ? 

I need to go and watch the highlights  again 

Yes, I meant McG’s second. The clip on the highlights is a bit short but my memory is that in the buildup McG came to collect the ball from an offside position and Collins looked as he might have been off when Diddzy shot. Meh whatever. Just revelling in post win glee ?

1 hour ago, jono said:

Ssshhh...the EFL monitor this board

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Also wish we’d leave a forward up when we defend set pieces. Almost certainly takes two players out of their attack.

Pointless Dobbin, for instance, going back to mark. He just gets in the way of people who can head the ball.

Much better that they worry about his pace on the break.

On the other hand, having everyone else back means the opposition push more men forward. As a result, fewer players back to defend when we break at pace.

26 minutes ago, jono said:

Yes, I meant McG’s second. The clip on the highlights is a bit short but my memory is that in the buildup McG came to collect the ball from an offside position and Collins looked as he might have been off when Diddzy shot. Meh whatever. Just revelling in post win glee ?

Ahhh the second Didzy County goal, not the second Derby County goal got it.