January Window

1of4

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Putting aside that Bielik doesn’t want to play in div1, recalling Bielik might put a strain on the business plan 

If we don't bring in anyone else, there is plenty of room for Bielik's wages within our business plan. I don't see the sense in not using it up, it's not as if we can carry the surplus over to next year, I believe.

If Bird's injury is likely to be serious, we desperately need bodies within this small squad.

38 minutes ago, ram59 said:

If we don't bring in anyone else, there is plenty of room for Bielik's wages within our business plan. I don't see the sense in not using it up, it's not as if we can carry the surplus over to next year, I believe.

If Bird's injury is likely to be serious, we desperately need bodies within this small squad.

If there’s headroom fair enough. But Bielik is an expensive body. And whilst Warne seems to sprinkle magic dust and motivate the big beasts, it’s hard to see that Bielik would come back with a spring in his step

54 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Where are you getting your information on our business plan from?

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

A lot depends on whether Bielik would be happy to come back. I have criticised folk on numerous occasions for assuming he doesn’t want to return to Derby when there isn’t any real evidence to support that view but, if PW has spoken to him and gets the impression that he wouldn’t be happy, Warne has said several times he’d let players go that weren’t happy. 

For me there are four great unknowns: does PW want him, would Bielik be happy to come back, would our business plan really allow it, are Derby trying to sell him and consider him playing in the Championship (albeit in a seemingly poor Birmingham side) a better shop window than League 1.

10 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

First touch is one of the most important skills for a Pro footballer, along with passing and the correct body shape when shooting ( see Gladys on YouTube). James Collins gives it is all and looks like a bloke who has just completed a Charles Atlas course and won’t be having sand kicked in his face. You wouldn’t bet against him scoring the goal that gets us promoted, but we defo need another striker option ASAP.

Exactly. Somehow he scores goals and he definitely fits the bill of someone scoring the winning goal in the playoff final. Just wish he didn't run in reverse ?

There’s no chance Bielik is being recalled. Clowes said it at the supporter’s charter, and I doubt Bielik wants to play in this league so it’s a pointless discussion. 

From Warne’s comments on RD last night it does seem a striker is likely today, with potential for a right back to allow Korey Smith to cover Bird’s injury in midfield. 

39 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

A lot depends on whether Bielik would be happy to come back. I have criticised folk on numerous occasions for assuming he doesn’t want to return to Derby when there isn’t any real evidence to support that view but, if PW has spoken to him and gets the impression that he wouldn’t be happy, Warne has said several times he’d let players go that weren’t happy. 

For me there are four great unknowns: does PW want him, would Bielik be happy to come back, would our business plan really allow it, are Derby trying to sell him and consider him playing in the Championship (albeit in a seemingly poor Birmingham side) a better shop window than League 1.

We can’t recall Bielik…….. deadline in the loan agreement was mid January

47 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where are you getting your information on our business plan from?

From the club and mathematics.

We were told at the end of the summer transfer window that we were unable to use our full wage budget because we couldn't get the players in, a RB for instance. So, we have at least the budget for one player to be added to the second half season's budget. That alone would equate to 2 half season's players' wages for each player we didn't sign.

To reinforce this, PW has made in known that he was looking to recruit 3 or 4 players in this window, we currently have had 2 out and 2 in on similar or lower wages. The money which hasn't been spent on these 3 or 4 players would cover Blues' share of Bielik's wages, unless by some miracle, they're paying all of his wages.

It is a fact that the club's income has far exceeded that of the business plan, so any limitations on expenditure will be down to the business plan rather than shortage of actual funds.

Would be nice if we could and also afford to recall Belick but it doesn’t appear to be possible 

we may be past the point when we can recall him ?

could afford to have all his wages back with us? 
would he want to return to league one? 
would Birmingham allow him to return especially as they have decided to return to type and become relegation candidates again 

25 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Don’t shoot the messenger but I’ve heard Lyle Taylor being mentioned again, on a permanent deal 

I’ll be astounded if he’s still a Forest player come the end of the day. Although I thought I heard last window that he’s on a decent wage so unless he’s signing for the joy of the game I’m a little sceptical of this.