Liam Rosenior

Jimbo Ram

30 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Interesting that he’s not good enough for a league one club, but gets snatched up by a championship club. 

I'm not sure how much it's a "good enough" thing and how much was the owners wanting proven managment team they can trust to perform based on the likely budget, I think Warne was more based on being a lower risk than Rosenoir. That's not based on anything other than me thinking it, because LR wasn't doing anywhere near bad enough to be sacked at the time.

I really wish LR the best, it seemed very ruthless to cut him when we did.

On 03/11/2022 at 12:02, NottsRam said:

Would not be surprised to see Curtis Davies join him as a coach, i think his playing days are coming to an end and Liam seemed to have a lot of respect for him.

Was thinking the same..he was there for a good few years..

On 03/11/2022 at 13:08, TigerTedd said:

Interesting that he’s not good enough for a league one club, but gets snatched up by a championship club. 

Not sure how much truth there was in it but he was heavily linked with the Blackpool job before Rooney left too.

Anyway, it wouldn't be the first time, even with Derby managers - Paul Clement? (sacked by us, next manager job at Premier League Swansea, kept them up, won Manager of the Month in his first month, nominated for Manager of the Year!)

It seems somewhat incredible when you get someone come in with no (full) managerial experience and they do well. O'Neil has done OK at Bournemouth so far (only 3 defeats in 9, and their team is pretty ordinary, but playing in the top league and holding their own). But, like Clowes, the chairman there hasn't rushed to give him the permanent job, and perhaps after a few defeats he'll be on his bike, heading for an "easier" situation where he may not do so well!