Liam Rosenior

Jimbo Ram

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Maybe he wasn’t telling all of our players to miss easy chances as soon as they stepped out of Derbyshire after all.

Who cares? It wasn't working for us - maybe he should have figured that out and told them something else!

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

I’m guessing you if you’ve opened the thread about him!

Yep, I like to see what is posted. It's sometimes quite amusing.

Oh and of course see if anyone answers the 'why didn't he change tack when it wasn't working'.

Edited by RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep, I like to see what is posted. It's sometimes quite amusing.

Oh and of course see if anyone answers the 'why didn't he change tack when it wasn't working'.

If I had to guess I reckon he’d say he felt that largely away performances were okay and we had bouts of bad luck notably against Charlton where Collins and Knight were guilty of missing very good chances, which he can’t control, and against Fleetwood where Cashin and Knight also missed good chances. Plus Lincoln where Barkhuizen missed a sitter and we had two goals questionably chalked off for offside. 

Besides if you believe what you read on here we did change our approach v Wycombe and put in a really good performance so maybe he was willing to compromise after all, and maybe that’s all that was needed.

Never mind! I hope he does well at Hull and of course I hope our new manager does well here!

I’m torn actually. On one hand, Liam seems like a very nice chap, was extremely loyal to the Rams in difficult circumstances and I don’t think he was treated very well at the end. I’m pleased for him that he’s got a good (arguably better) job than he had here.  
BUT

I don’t necessarily want him to do that well as it would only serve to compound what I considered (and still do) a very strange ‘letting go’ (I know he technically wasn’t sacked).  This is no slight on Warne who might do a fabulous job himself, but I’d hate to think we’d let a really good manager go (as with players, hate to think we missed a trick).  Hey ho, see out it goes. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Liam Rosenior is undefeated in his opening five away games as Hull manager, winning three and scoring eight goals.

Maybe, just maybe, he wasn’t the problem behind our awful away record last season.

….and this season. Wasn’t it no goals or points from the first 4 away? - which probably lost him the job

21 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

….and this season. Wasn’t it no goals or points from the first 4 away? - which probably lost him the job

I still don’t blame him for those. We created enough chances to score three in each.

And I’m not pointing fingers at Warne here, but we have only won one of our last six away games under him.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Liam Rosenior is undefeated in his opening five away games as Hull manager, winning three and scoring eight goals.

Maybe, just maybe, he wasn’t the problem behind our awful away record last season.

And maybe he was.

We certainly lost/drew away games under Rosenior because we didn't take our chances, but we also lost games because we were chaotic in defence at times and got caught on the break. 

Under Warne, we don't look much more likely to score away, but we don't look likely to concede either. Defensive organisation is MUCH better imo. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

We certainly lost/drew away games under Rosenior because we didn't take our chances, but we also lost games because we were chaotic in defence at times and got caught on the break. 

Under Warne, we don't look much more likely to score away, but we don't look likely to concede either. Defensive organisation is MUCH better imo. 

It is once he dropped 5-3-2 and went for Forsyth/Cashin but it wasn't before that. Injuries have forces him s and a bit and he has embraced that.

Without McGoldrick we've drawn plenty of games we should have won

Edited by Kokosnuss

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think it's irreverent to be honest. It's two completely different jobs.