Ipswich v Derby (A) Matchday Thread - ‘and it’s live’

i-Ram

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Remember McLaren doing that with a team he didn't sign in about 45 minutes against the same opposition.

Be nice to have a manager with a tactical brain rather than a shoehorn.  

McLaren had players who fitted the mould and a fairly decent team.

Our striker partnership tonight had how many senior games between them…

I think people forget we had about 6 players in the summer. We need another window or two before we even have a squad! 

Are people more worried about the performance or the result?

I look at this League and I don’t automatically think we’re going to get anything away at one of the best teams in the league. I want us to do well and hope we get something, but I’m a realist and don’t expect to win every game and so don’t have a massive strop when we don’t.  

Context is everything and our context is that we have a new team, a new manager in a new league. It was always going to be a struggle this year no matter what people thought. I also fully expect a trip to Ipswich will be a struggle too.

It isn’t pretty at the moment. The only surprising thing is that anybody is surprised.  

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Very unconvinced by Warne. 4 losses in his opening 6 games and s**** football. Said the 4 year contract could be a big mistake by Clowes.

I think we look a level below Ipswich here. And the Port Vale defeat was mainly down to the red card.

Couldn’t care less about the Pizza Trophy.

It’s not been a great start. But not terrible either. 

Warne will need to change this team though. The defence is poor. The midfield lacks energy. Wingbacks are out of position. And strikers are loanees.

We’ve cobbled together a squad which just isn’t Warne-like at all.

It should still be good enough for a run at the playoffs. But our record in them wouldn’t give me much hope.