Derby v Man City U21s Matchday Thread

archram

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They got beat by Mansfield.   Last season they were stuffed 5-0 by Rotherham and lost to Doncaster.  A team of professionals with over a thousand games between them, mostly championship level, should be comfortable winners against any team of teenage talent. It's an embarrassing result that probably sets us back significantly confidence wise .  Dobbin is the worst one on one player we've had since Tommy Johnson,  Thompson needs to go out on loan to Mickleover as soon as possible.

Agree it's an embarrassing result but I don't think it significantly sets us back at all. Our players aren't arsed. They're looking forward to proper football on Friday.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

Why? Our reserve team lost to the under 21s of probably the best team in world football 

Mansfield's reserves beat them!

Was our team that weak to be called reserves, really? Plenty of experience  in there to have done better than that 

Edited by Kokosnuss

Poor performance overall, really shows the lack of depth we have in a fair few positions. Dobbin chance was the big chance.

Thompson & Oduroh really are no where near being good enough for the first team.

Warne needs to quickly realise this style of football may work at Rotherham in a smaller ground & pitch but wont work at Pride Park, will work away but needs to rethink our tactics at home. Wrong decision not to have Barkhuizen and/or NML on the bench too.

City by far the better footballing side. We try to play so quickly that there’s absolutely no hint of composure anywhere. The style we are playing requires a little composure in the middle. We constantly lose it. Not from being tackled but from not being able to control the ball or constantly passing it in the air like a hit potato. 

The 2 things I'm taking from tonight is that Rooney, Thompson and Oduro aren't good enough for the 1st team, also the pace that Osula and Dobbin have is more effective than Collins up front for the way Warne wants us to play. Although I think Dobbin needs to finish better with the chances he gets

3 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

We shouldn’t have even entered in the first place due to the lack of depth anyway.

I was literally just thinking, as I caught up on here... were we "forced" into this, as a few have commented, or did we simply accept an invite... voluntarily, like!  ?‍♂️

I won’t lose any sleep over this. We have a small squad and the league is our bread and butter.

Plus we always do badly in cup competitions. Chorley, anyone? Crawley? Bristol Rovers? So many upsets that we should be numb to it now.

Honestly, this competition is one that people only take any notice of when Wembley is in the distance.

Let’s focus on the league and getting as high up the table as possible.

Warne will deliver a big result on Friday, I am sure.