Derby v Man City U21s Matchday Thread

archram

4 minutes ago, archram said:

Papa Johns Trophy

Derby County v Manchester City U21s

Tuesday 18th October at 7pm

at Pride Park Stadium 

I don’t entirely understand the system ( true of many things!) but I think if we win or draw this we qualify for the knockout round?

If it’s a draw I don’t want any nonsense like the last game ! ?

So we have established that you can actually draw then.☺️

On 28/08/2022 at 16:17, Stuniverse said:

I had no idea what rules you were referring to… so I asked Google:

7 PLAYERS

7.1  In all rounds of the Competition a Player must be a “Registered Player” of his Club. 7.2 For the EFL Clubs, a Registered Player is one who:

7.2.1  would be registered and eligible to participate in a match in the League Competition for that EFL Club commencing at the same time and on the same date as the Match in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations or would have been but for the operation of Regulation 44.9 (Squad Lists) (as amended from time to time); or

7.2.2  would be so eligible but for the fact that they are registered on a Long Term Loan at a club playing in the National League (National Division, North Division or South Division) but by the agreement of the Club, the National League club and the Player he has permission to return to play in this Competition.

7.3  Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches.

Guidance

‘Full Available Strength’ means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4  Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1  had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2  subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3  is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4  has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5  is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

7.5  First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition).

7.6  Any EFL Club failing to meet the requirement to play Full Available Strength will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

A reminder of the rules for folk, given we have the vital game at Ipswich three days later. If we can afford it I'd likely take the fine, but if we're not taking the fine and are looking for four qualifying outfield players, I would pick: Stearman, Forsyth, Smith (for fitness) and Roberts giving a team of:

Loach

Stearman     Rooney     Roberts

Oduroh     Thompson   Smith     Ibrahim     Forsyth

Lo-Everton

Cybulski

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

A reminder of the rules for folk, given we have the vital game at Ipswich three days later. If we can afford it I'd likely take the fine, but if we're not taking the fine and are looking for four qualifying outfield players, I would pick: Stearman, Forsyth, Smith (for fitness) and Roberts giving a team of:

Loach

Stearman     Rooney     Roberts

Oduroh     Thompson   Smith     Ibrahim     Forsyth

Lo-Everton

Cybulski

Bart is on loan at Matlock now

17 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I thought we could as the 3 game suspension only applies to league games. Could be wrong.

Domestic bans are usually just that. e.g. if you get sent off in an FA Cup game, you're banned in the league too.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Suspensions in this competition and the League do not cross over as far as I know.

Loach

Rooney   Stearman   Forsyth

Oduroh   Hourihane   Smith   Tommo   Roberts

Collins   McGoldrick

Subs: Wildsmith, Cashin, Mendez-Laing, Knight, Aghatise, Haigh, Wheeldon

Stearman will pocket Haaland, no sweat. 

9 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

It definitely doesn’t count as one of his games but not sure if he is allowed to play.

Imagine if games were called off due to circumstances out of our control (internationals, Covid, weather, etc),  and we ended up playing 3 EFL Trophy games before completing the 3rd League game. It would be absolutely ridiculous for a '3 game ban' to actually ban someone for 6 games.