FA cup

Foreveram

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

We didn’t though, It was only when they moved the away fans into the corner. 

Was just about to say this! I’ve had the same seat for about 20 years, only had to start sitting elsewhere for FA cup games when people flocked to the south stand for the cheap tickets. Don’t get me started on the new categories either, that changed my ticket from the second cheapest to the joint most expensive ?……..still wouldn’t move though. 

Last year there were 6 televised 4th round games. If that's the case this year, we may well not make the cut:

Preston North End v Tottenham Hotspur ??
2 Southampton v Blackpool
Wrexham v Sheffield United ??
4 Ipswich Town v Burnley
5 Manchester United v Reading
6 Luton Town or Wigan Athletic v Grimsby Town
Derby County v West Ham United ??
8 Stoke City v Stevenage
9 Blackburn Rovers v Forest Green Rovers or Birmingham City
10 Walsall v Leicester City ??
11 Sheffield Wednesday v Fleetwood Town ??
12 Manchester City v Oxford United or Arsenal
13 Bristol City or Swansea City v Chesterfield or West Bromwich Albion
14 Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool or Wolverhampton Wanderers
15 Fulham v Sunderland
16 Boreham Wood or Accrington Stanley v Cardiff City or Leeds United ??

I'd say the 3 games in bold are a given, even though they shouldn't be. Then there are 6 more matches with a decent claim. Do we make the top 3 of those? If televised, last time around around it was worth £110k at this stage, though I don't know if that was for the home side or split between home and away? I doubt Karen Brady would waive the fee in this case, though ex Ram hubbie Paul might whisper in her ear?

Edited by Carl Sagan

58 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Last year there were 6 televised 4th round games. If that's the case this year, we may well not make the cut:

4 Ipswich Town v Burnley
8 Stoke City v Stevenage
15 Fulham v Sunderland

I'd say the 3 games in bold are a given, even though they shouldn't be. Then there are 6 more matches with a decent claim. Do we make the top 3 of those? If televised, last time around around it was worth £110k at this stage, though I don't know if that was for the home side or split between home and away? I doubt Karen Brady would waive the fee in this case, though ex Ram hubbie Paul might whisper in her ear?

I'm sorry but why would Sheffield Wednesday v Fleetwood be a candidate for TV??

5 minutes ago, DB83 said:

I'm sorry but why would Sheffield Wednesday v Fleetwood be a candidate for TV??

Think he has just gone for games involving lower league team involved for the potential of them going through to the next round, agree it is hardly the greatest of games. 

Walsall Leicester looks s**** as well imo. Not even being biased I think Derby West Ham has the potential to be one of the ties of the round. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

I'd think we've got a decent shout because west ham have always had media love that far outstripped their actual size and achievements, and we tick the "upset potential" box, if not the "magic of the cup plucky way down the leagues taking on the best" box.

And I do think we have a chance at the upset if west ham field a weakened side and are struggling anyway Vs we're generally happy campers and hard to beat. And if we go out, we go out to a prem side who are supposed to beat league 1 sides.

Under normal circumstances, Sat 3pm would be great. However, unpopular as this may be, I'm hoping for a Monday night TV, as that'll be the only time I can make it! Was really hoping for Spurs/Arsenal/West Ham away as in London for the weekend.

Good draw for us though, we should feel like we have a chance, regardless of the team West Ham field. Not saying we're going to win but should be competitive at least. 

15 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

4 Ipswich Town v Burnley
8 Stoke City v Stevenage
15 Fulham v Sunderland

I agree that those in bold will probably be picked. I'd add Wrexham to that list given that they're the only National League team confirmed in R4 vs Sheffield Utd who will take a following. 

I'd feel sorry for Chesterfield if they won their replay and weren't selected but I think the broadcasters made it clear with their R3 selections that they're only interested in "big" clubs. I think we're probably next in the pecking order below those 4, provided that Borehamwood don't win their replay and draw Leeds.

6 minutes ago, TaahnRam said:

Under normal circumstances, Sat 3pm would be great. However, unpopular as this may be, I'm hoping for a Monday night TV, as that'll be the only time I can make it! Was really hoping for Spurs/Arsenal/West Ham away as in London for the weekend.

Good draw for us though, we should feel like we have a chance, regardless of the team West Ham field. Not saying we're going to win but should be competitive at least. 

I agree that those in bold will probably be picked. I'd add Wrexham to that list given that they're the only National League team confirmed in R4 vs Sheffield Utd who will take a following. 

I'd feel sorry for Chesterfield if they won their replay and weren't selected but I think the broadcasters made it clear with their R3 selections that they're only interested in "big" clubs. I think we're probably next in the pecking order below those 4, provided that Borehamwood don't win their replay and draw Leeds.

I think any TV company wants a ground that is full or it’s a bit naff - like most of the championship this season 

8 hours ago, TaahnRam said:

And Ryan Reynolds

On 08/01/2023 at 21:18, Carl Sagan said:

4 Ipswich Town v Burnley
8 Stoke City v Stevenage
15 Fulham v Sunderland

Well got over 100k for getting through 3rd round so I am guessing over 200k getting through 4th round.