FA cup

Foreveram

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I worked for a business based in the Cambridge/Fens area for a long time.

I'm used to negotiating those Fen roads in the dark when faced with a Mk IV Cortina coming the opposite way with only one working  headlight. ?

Ah ok us Ely for many years. My friends visiting from NW cut across fens first time they visited us in the dark - terrified with three swooping owls, roads and crazy driving!! A14 thereafter

Despite the difficulties of some fans to get there I can’t see this being anything else than a decent crowd since West Ham have requested their full allocation for a start, and ticket prices are reasonable.  My lad is pretty excited to see PL opposition, and I think many young ‘uns will feel the same.  Let’s face it, times are difficult but we  are lucky to support such a great club with better than fair ticket prices….   IIIRC it cost around £4.50 (I am happy to be corrected on that) to stand on the Pop Side in 1988 without any concessions.  So as matter of interest I checked and that is worth about £15  nowadays.  For me the lad and the old man it will be £45, pretty well much the same in real terms…

19 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

They never took the Popside.

They're taking my seat in the East Stand. I was hoping with it being on the tv, the bubble blowers wouldn't take their full allocation of tickets.

Looks like I'll end up in the quiet section of the West Upper, similar to when we played Leicester and Man U in the cup.

Edited by 1of4

14 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

They're taking my seat in the East Stand. I was hoping with it being on the tv, the bubble blowers wouldn't take their full allocation of tickets.

Looks like I'll end up in the quiet section of the West Upper, similar to when we played Leicester and Man U in the cup.

A couple near me in the South Stand won't be going, you could come to the dark side if you want as long as you don't mind being near @DarkFruitsRam7 as well.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

They never took the Popside.

Nor the humour.  Was worth the ticket price for that alone…

Remember watching Forest probably 1989.  Clough junior scuffed a pass, or a shot, and shrugged at his dad in the dug out.  Some wag then shouted in a great Dick Emery voice …..“dad, I got it wrong again, what do I do now?!” So many people just peed themselves laughing.

good times… Loved the pop side, rarely went elsewhere at the BBG.