Accrington Stanley v Derby County Matchday Thread

archram

Im not too sure what to make of all that tbh lol

got away with one massively with the two pens and what seemed a blatant red for curtis

passing at times was absolutely woeful particurly from the backline and put us under needless pressure

the good though, thought osula was excellent. Quick strong , great finishes, held it up. Reminded me a little of collymore in his rawer days at southend. 

dobbin was lively and knighty worked hard 

mixed bag of a performance but weve played so well and lost with a whimper so this is a new emotion lol

2 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I'd like to see us stick with this midfield for a couple of games tbh - looks promising. 

Having said that, I bet Hourihane walks straight back in once he's fit.

He could easily, but I have a sense that Warne might pick players depending on the opponents. There are teams where different skill sets are needed. 

Great result and some lovely personal performances from the lads. Osula, Dobbin, Sibley and Barkhuizen with a special mention for their energy and movement throughout.

Barkz deserved that goal at the end for his constant runs and their keeper did well to keep the score down.

Defensively we still don’t look settled or solid, but we’re doing enough. Has Cashin been instructed to go charging out of the defensive line and leave Davies to mop up if he misses his challenge? It happened a few times and I’m not sure if it’s over confidence in his ability or naivety on his behalf.

Midfield was a nice balance throughout without people stepping on each others toes. Bird, Knight and Sibley work well together, but Smith came on and offered some good physical cover and also was effective on the break too.

8 minutes ago, roboto said:

Great result and some lovely personal performances from the lads. Osula, Dobbin, Sibley and Barkhuizen with a special mention for their energy and movement throughout.

Barkz deserved that goal at the end for his constant runs and their keeper did well to keep the score down.

Defensively we still don’t look settled or solid, but we’re doing enough. Has Cashin been instructed to go charging out of the defensive line and leave Davies to mop up if he misses his challenge? It happened a few times and I’m not sure if it’s over confidence in his ability or naivety on his behalf.

Midfield was a nice balance throughout without people stepping on each others toes. Bird, Knight and Sibley work well together, but Smith came on and offered some good physical cover and also was effective on the break too.

To add to that i thought Smith looked really tidy and industrious when he came on. Couple of lovely little touches in tight areas 

will be a very welcome addition into that high octane midfield 

19 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im not too sure what to make of all that tbh lol

got away with one massively with the two pens and what seemed a blatant red for curtis

passing at times was absolutely woeful particurly from the backline and put us under needless pressure

the good though, thought osula was excellent. Quick strong , great finishes, held it up. Reminded me a little of collymore in his rawer days at southend. 

dobbin was lively and knighty worked hard 

mixed bag of a performance but weve played so well and lost with a whimper so this is a new emotion lol

So the ref did ok ?

27 minutes ago, roboto said:

Unpopular opinion but Thought sibley was non existent first half

second half was much more involved in a positive way…. Can totally see why hes been used by so many managers as a sub when spaces start to appear for him to exploit second half

the next stage of his development will be to find those spaces when the pressure and press is hard and high.

great to see him get a full ninety will do him the world of good 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

@archram is clearly our lucky charm. 3 goals scored, 2 penalty misses, crossbar smashed when there was an open goal, and lucky the escape 2 red cards

Permanent matchday thread ban for @David incoming as he's obviously bad luck. 2 penalties (conceding 1) and 1 red card.. can't chance having one of those games again.

Sorry what was that, you want a ban? I can sort that not a problem, keep going.....

?

55 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

You need to research the double jeopardy rule

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Didn't look like Davies tried to play the ball to most people. Should have been a freekick just outside the area, which would be a straight red anyway.

He was certainly smart enough to challenge outside the box. But how much of an attempt it was, not much in the way of close camera shots to tell.