Matchday Thread - Derby County vs Grimsby Town (30/08 19:00)

Ghost of Clough

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Joe Pasquale?! Bit of a dated reference but good effort. How you enjoying Sibley these last few games? Enough goals and assists yet to warrant playing for you?

When did I say I didn’t want Sibley playing? I wanted Sibley to do better, and Collins too. I don’t need to keep trying the same joke though to make the latter happen. 

29 minutes ago, Thierry Ennui said:

He had 26 appearances, and even if most were from the bench he didn’t impress. Not sure why people are trying to rewrite history. I’m thrilled he’s doing better this season but he was poor. 

I don’t know how many times this needs saying, but Sibley could have a million appearances, but if they are all right at the end of a match that has already been lost, or he is played in the wrong position, or both then he won’t impress. He only got to play as a “10” once and did well. The reward? On the bench. Again.

He is approaching things better this season, as he is not looking like picking cards up. Almost as if he is no longer busting a gut to try and impress, and can therefore just go about his normal game. And because of this he is also getting to play in his best position. And guess what? It works!!!

Rooney running away from the fall-out of Chris Kirchner’s delusions has really benefitted us.