Barnsley keeper should I have been sent off

B4ev6is

I was left fuming that ref never sent there goal keeper punched one of players in the back I even saw him make the fist. I think it was hourian he looked in pain after it. But what was even worse that linesman was in line of it kepted his flag down I hope efl ban there keeper for a few games but i doubt it as it is us.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I was left fuming that ref never sent there goal keeper punched one of players in the back I even saw him make the fist. I think it was hourian he looked in pain after it. But what was even worse that linesman was in line of it kepted his flag down I hope efl ban there keeper for a few games but i doubt it as it is us.

The referees lower down the football pyramid will tend to be poorer @B4ev6is. They’re not fully professional for a start; that said thus far they have been ok. 
when I refereed I would make a decision & stick with it. There were often shouts from the touch line disputing what I’d given and I just ignored them. However, you don’t always see what happens so can’t give what you don’t see.

Generally I am very critical of referees - last season especially there were several penalties not given to us. And I can’t abide VAR. The 4th official system seems to be the most ridiculous- what on Earth do they do apart from hold the numbers up.

Referees are human and so will make mistakes so is all part of the game - that’s how I tend to view it now.  And with 26-30 k inside Pride Park I tend to think we will be able to influence more referees to our side this season. 

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I’m not saying it didn’t happen but it seems like you were the only one out of 26,000 that saw it.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Referee in the two home games have been truly shocking. Some of the worst I can remember with baffling inconsistencies. That said, their keeper simply pushed Collins off him so this is a bit daft. 

Fans question Referees ability shocker ?

We had better get used to it...there's worse to come