Barnsley keeper should I have been sent off

B4ev6is

This 'poor victimised DCFC' feeling needs to be kicked into touch. It's embarrassing tbh. 

Yes, there is a huge lack of consistency in applying FFP rules and we can rightly feel aggrieved over that. The idea, however, that referees are under instruction to control the game to ensure Derby struggle to get results is pathetic. 

Cashin, as magnificent as he was yesterday, could have received a red card for a knee high tackle. He didn't, and although I thought yellow was correct given the split-second nature of the incident, plenty of refs would have sent him off.

Please stop the 'everyone is against us' schtick. It detracts from what we all know is a proud, fantastic club.

Just now, Crewton said:

No-one has actually said that, in this thread at least.

Standard for this forum. Like when loads of people start moaning about people moaning about the performance, when no one really has to begin with. 

27 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So why start a thread with the title the opposition keeper should have been sent off?

Who was responsible for the officiating decisions yesterday? Oh yes the referee. The import of the title is quite clear.

Yeah, b4 started the thread.

Are you new here?

Don’t know whether the heat got to me or something, but I watched the whole game from my perfect view in the West Stand and I didn’t see any foul play from their goalkeeper. 

That said, the referee was truly appalling yesterday. Think you’d be hard pushed to find more decisions he got right rather than wrong. It was almost impressively bad, you’d think he’d never read the rules of the game before. We’ve got to stop this talk of a “conspiracy” from the EFL though. The decisions were incompetent, not bias. It’s just the standard of officiating in this country, it’ll be even worse in League One sadly.

8 hours ago, Ellafella said:

The referees lower down the football pyramid will tend to be poorer @B4ev6is. They’re not fully professional for a start; that said thus far they have been ok. 
when I refereed I would make a decision & stick with it. There were often shouts from the touch line disputing what I’d given and I just ignored them. However, you don’t always see what happens so can’t give what you don’t see.

Generally I am very critical of referees - last season especially there were several penalties not given to us. And I can’t abide VAR. The 4th official system seems to be the most ridiculous- what on Earth do they do apart from hold the numbers up.

Referees are human and so will make mistakes so is all part of the game - that’s how I tend to view it now.  And with 26-30 k inside Pride Park I tend to think we will be able to influence more referees to our side this season. 

Well what are 4th official for then your telling me he never saw that because I ceanitley did.

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

I think the main issue here is not that the referee or 4th official didn’t see this incident, but that you were the only one in the 26k+ who did. 

Do they or do they not have tv camers for that sort of thing I tell you now if wildsmith did that he been stright sent off.

B4, I was in the North stand, and if it was the Collins chance when he collided with the keeper, there was really nothing in it, I have also looked at the replay, and I didn’t see anything in it there either.

Collins left his leg on top of him and to be fair he took his time to move and so the keeper shoved it off to get up, which was a little bad tempered and a bit mardy. The collision obviously hurt the keeper though as when he got up he held his side…

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Perhaps I was right postion to see it but it was wrong all accounts I think efl still have it in for us.

I really don't subscribe to the view that the EFL have given a referees a directive to treat Derby County unfairly. Just my opinion of course. 

46 minutes ago, europia said:

I really don't subscribe to the view that the EFL have given a referees a directive to treat Derby County unfairly. Just my opinion of course. 

Well they dont like us we dare to stand upto them and dared to take them on as a city.

22 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well they dont like us we dare to stand upto them and dared to take them on as a city.

I’m not convinced they don’t like us, and I’m also not sure we, as a city, “took them on”. 
If we did, I suspect the EFL would argue that we lost, seeing as we are now in L1. 

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Do they or do they not have tv camers for that sort of thing I tell you now if wildsmith did that he been stright sent off.

No B4 - he wouldn’t have. And as much as I love your rose tinted spectacles, you need to apply some common sense at times.

That said - it was a life threatening push off on Collins and I agree whole heartedly with you. Minimum 10 game ban for their GK needed.