Martyn Waghorn To Return (He isn't)

Arsene Titman

11 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

He’s crap. Doesn’t hold the ball up, doesn’t run in behind, isn’t a good winger, isn’t great up top. Scores a few goals but not to the extent of making a difference. 

9 minutes ago, Tricky1884 said:

Good player if he doesn't think about it as soon as his head knew he was going to shoot he'd struggle! But bring him home1

As they say, football is a game of opinions! 

I’m sitting on the fence on this one. If he comes back I wouldn’t be crying (or ranting… see other comments) about it; if it’s all paper talk then not fussed either.  Ambivalence is the order of the day.

He isn't going to cost anywhere near £5m like last time, so that's one positive. I saw this earlier and put it down to nonsense but seems like there could be something in it. 

He would obviously be a good option to cover the front three, plus we know what we're getting. He's not suddenly going to be a world beater, but he's never short of effort and is a very good squad member. He lives this way, still, so makes sense like with McGoldrick. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He would obviously be a good option to cover the front three, plus we know what we're getting. He's not suddenly going to be a world beater, but he's never short of effort and is a very good squad member. He lives this way, still, so makes sense like with McGoldrick. 

Except when Rooney had to call him out over his 'lack of effort' in training?

No idea if this is true or not but our market are free transfers and loans and ideally with players that can play more than one position

Waghorn is capable of stepping in at centre forward and can play wide right and for all the misses in front of goal his set piece delivery can be excellent more often than not - obviously this would be a short term signing if it happens and has to be affordable 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except when Rooney had to call him out over his 'lack of effort' in training?

I can't remember that in fairness, but I never thought he would half-arse a game. He might not always had the quality and his composure infront of goal rivaled Johnny Russell, but he was always a hard worker. 

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

Don’t know if This is good to be honest. An attacker that’s scored 6 goals in the last 3 seasons. Got slower, still can’t trap a ball and in general doesn’t look half the player he was. Then again Waggy will give 100% and he was my favourite player in that Lampard season. I’m torn

you heard anything?

Just now, Eatonram said:

you heard anything?

Nope, this one has totally come out of the blue. I was told we were talking with the top clubs for academy players on loan. My guess would be this cropped up recently and has moved quickly. Last year of his Cov contract too so could be a loan or a buy for £0 similar to Collins

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I can't remember that in fairness, but I never thought he would half-arse a game. He might not always had the quality and his composure infront of goal rivaled Johnny Russell, but he was always a hard worker. 

Maybe because it was eboselle?