Martyn Waghorn To Return (He isn't)

Arsene Titman

2 minutes ago, chezzyram said:

The same Rooney who couldn't spot a player in Louie Sibley, a chancer in Chris Kirchner or a way to win an away game. His observational skills weren't very good to say the least. 

Sibley as a youngster isn't proven - can't you see that? Chris Kirchner who got $70m out of Goldman Sachs? 

I think you'll find that Rooney liked Waghorn, so maybe you are right! ?

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Interesting one.

I like Waggy, but he cost us a fortune for marginal returns when he was here. 

He probably has enough left in the tank to offer at this level, he’s also a good type of player for this level too. He can play several positions as well.

It’s a maybe from me.

Not sure he can due the limits enforced by the business plan 

30 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

I hate the idea. He blocked sibleys development and was 1/10th effective, barring the final game.

Did he? I'm a massive Sibley appologist, but if we're honest Sibley has stood out in 2 matches, and him and Waggy started alongside eachother in both as Sibley was played in his natural no.10 position. Watch the highlights of that Millwall match back, the interchanges and movement between Waggs and Sibley was superb, best performance I can remeber from both of them

Anyway...Do the Mail not know we're not allowed to suggest former players?

Not sure what the basis is of all the comments around he can do a good job at this level.

If he fluffs a regulation number of one vs ones in the Championship every game how is this then going to improve whatever division he's playing in.

If the posters making those observations know that Waghorn has honed his finishing skills in the past year or so then fair enough but I very much doubt they have been following his development that closely. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I just think we have Collins, McGoldrick, Barkhuisen and NML, none of whom are particularly young or pacy. Why would we want to add another old striker?

I’d rather we were after a strong tackling midfielder and a goal scoring midfielder.

We haven’t given Collins and Dobbin a fair go yet.

NML or Barkhuizen arent pacy? 

8 minutes ago, David said:

Have to say, I’m glad this hasn’t turned out to be true.

Never go back to an ex. 

It’s one of those unwritten rules in my book, right next to never bet on the early kick off.

Is this a rule regardless of player? So for example you wouldnt have any of Tomori, Mount, Wilson, Ebiowei, Martin, Weimann, Vydra, Hughes back?

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Is this a rule regardless of player? So for example you wouldnt have any of Tomori, Mount, Wilson, Ebiowei, Martin, Weimann, Vydra, Hughes back?

Well no, if England internationals Tomori is willing to leave AC Milan and Mount Chelsea for us in League 1, I think we'd be daft not to ?

But Weimann, Vydra, Hughes all no, and Martin please let's not even go there!