Crystal Ball predictions

FindernRam

My favourite (statistically based) prediction site fivethiirtyeight.com has just released their first run at the league table for the upcoming season.

They have Derby to finish as winners with 89 points 4 clear of Sheff and Ipswich in third. I knew there was a reason I liked this site.

Even better, Middleborough fail again and Wycombe come nowhere.

Even more better (grammar Timothy) Forest to finish bottom of Premier

Being a Derby fan, it's very difficult to be positive because naturally I think that even if we took maximum points until Christmas we'd have mass injuries in January and fail to win another point.

If we can find a cohesive system that means that we can create more chances whilst remaining solid at the back we have a great chance of winning the league with the quality we have. 

I will predict a top 6 finish, beyond that would be brave, stupid or both.

4 hours ago, FindernRam said:

My favourite (statistically based) prediction site fivethiirtyeight.com has just released their first run at the league table for the upcoming season.

They have Derby to finish as winners with 89 points 4 clear of Sheff and Ipswich in third. I knew there was a reason I liked this site.

Quite. It should be “even betterer” ?

4 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Seems to me to be a thing that dreams are made of.

When I first joined this forum I was accused, nay flamed, by those who marked me down for being very pessimistic. Of course events have justified that  position.

We have a clean sheet, new owner new team effectively and a new ME. So I will for a while be a haven of unbridled optimism, like B4!

The fact a reputable prediction site backs me up is even gooder! 

6 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Think someone posted a link to FourFourTwo magazine other day which predicted us to finish 12th.

Got my copy of When Saturday Comes yesterday & they too had us finishing 12th - that was voted for by a representative from all clubs in our division (they average out predicted finishing positions from everyone).

Not even considering a top two finish at present but suspect we might do better than 12th - going to take last season's lesson of 'no expectation' though to enjoy our football, the matchday experience & see where the season takes us. 

Edited by LeedsCityRam

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Think someone posted a link to FourFourTwo magazine other day which predicted us to finish 12th.

Got my copy of When Saturday Comes yesterday & they too had us finishing 12th - that was voted for by a representative from all clubs in our division (they average out predicted finishing positions from everyone).

Not even considering a top two finish at present but suspect we might do better than 12th - going to take last season's lesson of 'no expectation' though to enjoy our football, the matchday experience & see where the season takes us. 

They were also bragging how well they predicted us to finish last season, they predicted last just 1 place out, they didn't mention that the prediction didn't take into account our 21 point deduction.

Crystal ball says ‘it depends’. 

On weather the squad can cope with the rough and tumble teams and scrape more wins than not on those close games. 

On weather we can bring a few more people in to give that competition for places in case of injuries. 

On how long it takes to gel as we’ve only been together for a few weeks when others have been together a while. 

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Find it kind of amusing as on what premise are those two magazines predicting where we finish?

We don't know yet what our finished squad will look like with more incomings likely, will Byrne play any part, will Bielek be here when he's back to fitness, Rosenoir is a total novice manager so how do you gauge his competence, the whole thing is ridiculous tbh