Crystal Ball predictions

FindernRam

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Find it kind of amusing as on what premise are those two magazines predicting where we finish?

We don't know yet what our finished squad will look like with more incomings likely, will Byrne play any part, will Bielek be here when he's back to fitness, Rosenoir is a total novice manager so how do you gauge his competence, the whole thing is ridiculous tbh

Like I said, WSC was a poll of fans from all other clubs in our division. Not sure about FourFourTwo.

Not unreasonably most fans will base predictions on previous performance as most squads will be 80%-90% the same as the season before. Clearly that metric doesnt apply to Derby & we also don't know at what point during our recent recruitment drive they made the call as @RamuelLJackson rightly points out. Irrespective of the quality we bring in, there will also be a bedding in period...Ipswich's struggles (finishing 11th, 9th & 11th in last 3 years) may also have swayed opinions.

I'm very happy with media predicting us to finish 12th. I'd be more concerned if consensus was we'd be top two. Let's stay under the radar & watch Wendies & Ipswich try to handle the pressure. Or not as @walkleyowl probably thinks

Edited by LeedsCityRam
Acknowledging a stray Wendie

First 12 matches should enable players to bed in and get to know the systems Liam requires. It will also be a useful marker as to how teams will be set up against us,especially in PP. I would love us to be near the top all season but I have to be a bit more realistic. My heart says top 2,my head says around the play-offs. It also depends on whether we are lucky,or unlucky with injuries. Still, we have a team to support so I am extremely grateful for that. UTR!

4 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

After our recent play off disappointments would you rather finish in the top two automatic positions.. or...Reach the playoff final and actually WIN at Wembley?

Been there, done that. So far we've gone up once in about 8 tries if you count semis and probably the time we played the worst.  I'll have top 2 please if it's on offer

Personally even with our signings, I think top 10 is realistic, so probably is top 6, depending on depth of squad, to 2 if we gel v quickly and get off to a flyer, with a stronger squad, I certainly think we have to be patient and stay behind the team ( like we did last year) to have any chance.

5 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Find it really interesting how different some predictions are. So far I've seen:

Fivethirtyeight: 1st
NTTPod: 6th
Betfair/Gabriel Sutton: 15th(!!!)

I'd be happy with play-offs, but 15th is a bold prediction.

Don't forget the 'super computer' has us 4pts clear at the top ?

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-league-one-predictions-7376199

Given the age of some of our signings and the aspirations of our young talent, you've got to think that we will have to give this season a huge push for promotion. In terms of personnel, on the pitch performance and their likely longevity with the club, the 'rebuild' has a short-term look to it in some ways, notwithstanding the comments I made in another thread about building a culture and a playing style for the longer term. We're clearly trying to get the best of both, using those experienced players and young talent to get us promotion and set the tone for the future. It's a tough challenge given the timescales and rigours of the league.

I hope that desire and urgency does translate into a top 6 finish but there's no doubt it's going to be a big ask.

I think it's the right way to approach things (not that we have listed of options!) but there is a lot riding on immediate promotion. I just hope that we stick with it, and build momentum, even if we have a slower start. We have a history of fading in the New Year, so I'd welcome a reversal of that and finish the season strongly as it all starts to come together.