Tom Lawrence - Joined Rangers

Bubbles

37 minutes ago, rammieib said:

10 in 35. Our next best was 5 with ravel.

My point is Knight (3 in 35), Sibley (1 in 23), Bird (2 in 40), Thompson (0 in 18), CKR (4 in 25), Plange (3 in 21), Shinnie (1 in 23). Wher eis the criticism of these players?

I think English fans love to attack the players who are a bit more out there but we give a free ride to bang average players. Without Lawrence last season we would have been relegated 1-2 months earlier.

He was our best offensive player hands down. Lets try keeping the best players and letting the mediocre players go.

4 of the players you mentioned came through the academy, so you'd expect fans would have a bit more leniency to them. However, they still do get a lot of criticism. Maybe not so much last season, but before that Bird appeared to be a bit of a scapegoat with constant criticism of his supposed negativity and sideways passing. I've seen lots of criticism for Sibley, he has a lot of posters who really like him and are desperate for him to succeed (myself included), but also gets criticized for his strength, discipline and general footballing ability. The amount of hate Plange got on here in the games after joining Palace was ridiculous, his drop in form wasn't down to him being a young lad in a struggling team, but him giving up and not putting in any effort of course.

Of the players you mentioned, only CKR, Plange and Sibley should be challenging Lawrence in terms of goals. But none of them played consistently enough for a variety of reasons, or in some cases in the correct position. I agree with you on him being our best offensive player last season, but as you've pointed out with the returns of our other attacking players, that isn't a huge achievement. If we could keep him in league one, I don't think anyone would be complaining, but realistically that seems very unlikely. 

Maybe without him last season we'd have been relegated sooner, maybe someone would have stepped up in his place and we'd have done better, maybe if he hadn't decided to try and seriously injure a Peterborough player, we'd have stayed up. Who knows. 

4 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

League One is a new league and also much easier. Though probably a better standard than SPL. Only difference being he’ll miss out on getting spanked in Europe every other month. 

Not sure I call losing the Europa League final on penalties "getting spanked every other month"

48 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Or is just aiming to keep fit before he decides who to join?

Usually if you know for sure that you aren't signing an extension, you wouldn't go back to train. Suggests to me that there is an offer on the table and he has contemplated it. Otherwise, his departure would have been announced like Morrison.

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Usually if you know for sure that you aren't signing an extension, you wouldn't go back to train. Suggests to me that there is an offer on the table and he has contemplated it. Otherwise, his departure would have been announced like Morrison.

Players will be looking at what's on offer (both with us and elsewhere) - probably find that he's been made an offer, but he's looking at the recruitment and deciding whether he thinks we're going to be pushing for promotion or just treading water. Morrison clearly decided he wasn't staying so it was easy to announce he's off....

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

10 in 35. Our next best was 5 with ravel.

My point is Knight (3 in 35), Sibley (1 in 23), Bird (2 in 40), Thompson (0 in 18), CKR (4 in 25), Plange (3 in 21), Shinnie (1 in 23). Wher eis the criticism of these players?

I think English fans love to attack the players who are a bit more out there but we give a free ride to bang average players. Without Lawrence last season we would have been relegated 1-2 months earlier.

He was our best offensive player hands down. Lets try keeping the best players and letting the mediocre players go.

We only had two shots a game ( well it seemed like that) our conversion rate was outstanding ?

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The bottom half of the SPL are compiled of clubs no more than League 2/National League standard.....

I'm not sure that's true. But anyway, Rangers aren't a bottom half team.

I know he drives many of us nuts at times but he would be an excellent player in league 1.

the wages offered will be affordable. They have to be as part of our exit from administration. 

I think there was some genuine contrition shown by Tom and also similar gratitude at the support he received from the club. 

Lets be fair, he’s not perfect but he worked really hard last season and without him we’d have been down by the end of January.

I hope he stays, however unlikely it may be. 

3 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

I thought i had read that Tom hasnt been in training with us ?

Conflicting reports all over the place. Nixon said he would be signing for West Brom in days but that went all quiet.