New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, Hanny said:

I did my best with that ‘at least the first block has a wee bit of white’ comment for you. Sorry, lad- on your own now. ?

And the squares were getting bigger, I was expecting meh, oooh, WOAH!!!

Edited by maxjam

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Have I imagined it, or did we try to sign this guy a while ago? Possibly around the time we signed Johnson and Butterfield.

I think we did. It wasn't him anyway, it's Scott Loach. At least we know whether Wildsmith will be #1 or #2 this season now.

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interesting to have a signing out of the blue, wonder if there are others being worked on quietly? All the names we’ve been publicly linked with are now done (other than missing out on Flint) right?

Dale Stephens? 

Just watched the Loach interview, spoke well as they all have, sounds like he understands he is here more than likely as backup and to play a part in supporting the goalkeeping group. 
Leigh Curtis suggesting we’re in for another keeper probably confirms Loach as third choice.
Edited by Caerphilly Ram

20 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I think we did. It wasn't him anyway, it's Scott Loach. At least we know whether Wildsmith will be #1 or #2 this season now.

Still looking for another keeper to battle with Wildsmith for #1. Loach #3.

Foulkes possibly going out on loan as I can't see the academy staff wanting to block the path for Evans and JThompson 

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:
Just watched the Loach interview, spoke well as they all have, sounds like he understands he is here more than likely as backup and to play a part in supporting the goalkeeping group. 
Leigh Curtis suggesting we’re in for another keeper probably confirms Loach as third choice.

This would seem to back up some of the fans comments on the Chesterfield forum that suggest he has coaching aspirations. 

I watched him play quite a few times last season and he appears to be a capable keeper, certainly good enough to be a solid backup. He's better than some of the dismissive comments over on the transfer thread suggest.

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Really hope we do re sign Fozzy

I hope so too. I don’t think it will be a problem, he’s part of the fabric of the place. Both sides will want to agree. It’s just a question of a reasonable deal for both. Age, fear of injury, loyalty, awareness of his huge experience, boring old money, length of contract. So many variables but Fozzy really is one of ours and will give everything he has … and we need a man in his position which kind of helps 

20 minutes ago, chezzyram said:

This would seem to back up some of the fans comments on the Chesterfield forum that suggest he has coaching aspirations. 

I watched him play quite a few times last season and he appears to be a capable keeper, certainly good enough to be a solid backup. He's better than some of the dismissive comments over on the transfer thread suggest.

Absolutely agree with this. Theres also a keeper who plays for barrow,Paul farman,who'd be a solid option as well for a competitive 1/2 choice with wildsmith from league 2