New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

42 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Signings so far are solid, sensible buys but I’m still struggling to see where the goals are coming from.

Lots of assisters but no-one likely to break double figures for me and only Hourihane likely to get any from midfield.

Knight and Sibley have goals in them if they're played in their best positions (if they stay) but I agree we're now in need of a couple of forwards who have goals in them, but that's going to be difficult if we can't pay transfer fees. It might require us to sell in order to be allowed to reinvest. 

32 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think we’re carrying more of a goal threat now than we did last year. NML, Barkhuizen, McGoldrick, Hourihane are all going to add a goal threat. Agree we probably need another striker, if the Collins rumours are true he’s proven at this level so could be the man.

We do at least have some options at that end of the pitch now, the defence needs reinforcing as we only have 2 cbs and a rb at the moment, that has to be the priority in my eyes. Extending Davies and Forsyth’s contracts fixes that slightly. We’ve signed most of the players rumoured/linked over the last few weeks, time for some new names and rumours to get us excited! ? 

Agree with you but there’s no pace in the side now, apart from NML who hasn’t been a regular starter in teams of late.

We have the guys to provide the through balls but no one to get behind defences. We should be on the lookout for younger, pacier options from lower/ non-league clubs.

Agree also that we need Forsyth signed and a young apprentice as back-up.

I’m beginning to wonder whether CD is going to stay if the Brighton guy is coming. Chester won’t have come to sit on the bench, Cashin should start and Roberts looks an able player.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Agree with you but there’s no pace in the side now, apart from NML who hasn’t been a regular starter in teams of late.

We have the guys to provide the through balls but no one to get behind defences. We should be on the lookout for younger, pacier options from lower/ non-league clubs.

Agree also that we need Forsyth signed and a young apprentice as back-up.

I’m beginning to wonder whether CD is going to stay if the Brighton guy is coming. Chester won’t have come to sit on the bench, Cashin should start and Roberts looks an able player.

Agreed. Definitely need to get some pace in. I'm worried at the moment that some sides, despite being lesser skilled, will simply run past us.

3 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I’d like Ben foster if he’d consider it. Lives in midlands might be happy to consider us as others have. I wouldn’t blow the budget on a keeper though. Yes they can gain you 3 points every now and again but most keepers can do a steady job and it’s goals we really need.  

Spoke on his podcast a few weeks ago about wanting to remain in the Premier League, even as a number 2. 

26 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

No need to be worried surely you can see that the recruitment process is ongoing and already great progress has been made? Its a bit like being worried that we have only sold 6300 season tickets! 

I'm very happy with it so far. Only really worried that we look like quite a slow side. Hopefully that will be addressed by the next arrivals though. A pacey left-back would be good.

2 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

I’d like Ben foster if he’d consider it. Lives in midlands might be happy to consider us as others have. I wouldn’t blow the budget on a keeper though. Yes they can gain you 3 points every now and again but most keepers can do a steady job and it’s goals we really need.  

Would be excellent and you would think he has made his money in his career 

18 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

We have the Brighton defender and Collins as solid links. Think if we get them both over the line we’ll need Bielik and Knight to leave in order to bring in a younger batch to finish the squad off.

Much prefer knight in central midfield thanks 

44 minutes ago, curb said:

Didn’t Mel warn us against signing too many good players as it cuts off the path to the first team for academy players?

?

Now the transfer strategy of our 70-odd manager during Mels tenure makes sense..... 

Anya, blackman, zoon, butters..... All part of the pathway facilitation master plan...... ?