New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

49 minutes ago, curb said:

It didn’t sound like that at all, it sounded like he wants to sign for another year, but when he’s finished he wants to go into media. 
He said he’s not interested in coaching, but didn’t rule it out at some point in the distant future. He’s probably only saying that in case the media career doesn’t come off. 
my guess is that his contract he signs with us will give him the leeway to start doing media work, similar to what RSav did in his last season. 

Looks like media has been his plan for a while as he completed a degree in Sports Writing & Broadcasting at the University of Staffordshire in 2020 according to his LinkedIn profile. 

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Same here... Tyree Wilson looked good, Kornell McDonald had 1st team appearances and wasn't Alex Matthews scholar of the year a few years ago? I'd be surprised if we hadn't at least offered them something. We're not 'over-flush' in the U23 department as it is!

I have made it my pledge to ignore the contents of this thread, the whole Transfers forum, and any such post thus relating to player incomings and outgoings.

A quick catch up on the 29th, and check the team sheet as I approach the stadium on the 30th will suffice.  Whoever is wearing the white shirt will get my backing... even if I can't read the name on the back! ?

I haven't recited a starting line up since 1978.  Life is too short... as is the amount of time players stay at my club! 

?

EDIT:
Besides... I like living on the edge.  Spontaneity is this year's buzz-word.  I may even be pleasantly surprised!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

21 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I have made it my pledge to ignore the contents of this thread, the whole Transfers forum, and any such post thus relating to player incomings and outgoings.

A quick catch up on the 29th, and check the team sheet as I approach the stadium on the 30th will suffice.  Whoever is wearing the white shirt will get my backing... even if I can't read the name on the back! ?

I haven't recited a starting line up since 1978.  Life is too short... as is the amount of time players stay at my club! 

?

EDIT:
Besides... I like living on the edge.  Spontaneity is this year's buzz-word.  I may even be pleasantly surprised!  ?

Just so you know, we just signed Paul Gascogne. Available on a free.

‘There’s no doubting his talent and we are confident his issues are behind him’ said a spokesperson for the club.

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I have a feeling Curtis Davies could be holding out for Rosenior to be made permanent.

Curtis being the man he is, I could imagine him saying show the manager some loyalty before I commit.

You maybe right there, I just think him signing a new deal will be statement and moral boost for everyone.

10 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Unnecessary

He's a young kid trying to forge a future in the game.

We're better then this as a fanbase...

Not buying it. First chance he was off. No loyalty, he could have given us a season or signed a contract so we got a fee but what the hell why should he care. He got paid to learn at Derby and had no qualms at all about going at the first opportunity with no thought of paying us back. 

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

Not buying it. First chance he was off. No loyalty, he could have given us a season or signed a contract so we got a fee but what the hell why should he care. He got paid to learn at Derby and had no qualms at all about going at the first opportunity with no thought of paying us back. 

How long would you say somebody needs to stay to "pay us back". One season in L1? Two? 

If a top flight Italian club wanted to offer me a contract and I was a free agent I'd almost certainly do what he's doing.

Not every player has to have unwavering loyalty to the club, for me the effort most of that squad put in last year is commitment enough. 

7 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

How long would you say somebody needs to stay to "pay us back". One season in L1? Two? 

If a top flight Italian club wanted to offer me a contract and I was a free agent I'd almost certainly do what he's doing.

Not every player has to have unwavering loyalty to the club, for me the effort most of that squad put in last year is commitment enough. 

No problem with the lad going to Italy. It’s about leaving us with nothing from our investment in him. As I said I’d of liked to see him give us a season or at least have signed a contract so someone had to pay us something. But not not young Ebosele. It’s so long thanks for all the investment and putting my profile out there. Pardon? Help DCFC out because they’re broke? No chance I’m off.

Edited by 24Charlie

30 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

No problem with the lad going to Italy. It’s about leaving us with nothing from our investment in him. As I said I’d of liked to see him give us a season or at least have signed a contract so someone had to pay us something. But not not young Ebosele. It’s so long thanks for all the investment and putting my profile out there. Pardon? Help DCFC out because they’re broke? No chance I’m off.

It's the same as too many youngsters at Derby, including Gordon and Delap over the last couple of years. 

The difference between Derby going into administration and not Birmingham is that they had a loyal youngster called Jude Bellingham who waited until his 17th birthday, signed a contract with Blues, so they could sell him next day for £25M. In recognition of his loyalty Blues have 'retired' his shirt number.