New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

However, the only thing that worries me, is they're only for 2 years. Suspect this may be down to the EFL restrictions, because I can imagine the club will have been wanting to put 4 years on both Cashin and Thompson.

Just long enough to get back to the Prem

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

That’s a good thing to me. Means anyone coming will know this and not just trying to get a lucrative contract over 4 years and cost us a fortune 

Yeah, it’s fine for the signings. Would just prefer Cashin and Thompson to be a bit more secure.

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

However, the only thing that worries me, is they're only for 2 years. Suspect this may be down to the EFL restrictions, because I can imagine the club will have been wanting to put 4 years on both Cashin and Thompson.

Business plan is in place for two years following the exit of admin, which includes caps on wages. At the end of the two years I would imagine that the cap ends so players won't want to sign for longer when they can get a pay rise at the end of two years. 

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I reckon we’ll have to wait on the kit a bit longer. Squad additions first to keep the mood up, season tickets next and maybe staff confirmations/additions early in the week, then kit to follow later is my prediction.

Wouldn't surprise me if Liam being given the Full time job was the last announcement tonight

Two years covers us for getting out of the EFL business plan and then we can hopefully offer them better terms after that.

Alternatively, if things don’t go to plan with their progression or form etc. we aren’t tied down to a long contract that we can’t get out of.