Stick Together More than Ever

Ellafella

Throughout these ruinous last 24 months my morale has been sustained by the robust presence of WR & LR and the superb togetherness of the fans. But WR’s resignation hit me like a train on Friday; after reading David Clowes’s statement I was floating …but the news just a few hours later utterly floored me. 

3 days later I’m starting to rally. Surveying the Club today - the fragments- what do we have? Well not much left. Except, we still have huge support and a shared experience of last season where the centrality of the fans to football in Derby was palpably demonstrated time and again. 
I felt flattened on Friday. But I’m regaining strength Monday from the memory of those indefatigable songs of defiance. Let’s keep the faith and re-group and continue to show ourselves and if we do so I know we will bounce back. We’re all in this together so let’s stick together and re-build stronger. 

24 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I felt flattened on Friday. But I’m regaining strength Monday from the memory of those indefatigable songs of defiance. Let’s keep the faith and re-group and continue to show ourselves and if we do so I know we will bounce back. We’re all in this together so let’s stick together and re-build stronger. 

I think it's going to be a season of 'us ('big' ex-Championship club caught doing wrong) against 'them' (those teams who don't do what we did but wanted to be where we were! ? ).

So I think there will be a decent spirit amongst the relieved Derby fans. But we could do with some 'Churchillian' style speeches from the owner and manager, plus hopefully Curtis. #COYR

29 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Throughout these ruinous last 24 months my morale has been sustained by the robust presence of WR & LR and the superb togetherness of the fans. But WR’s resignation hit me like a train on Friday; after reading David Clowes’s statement I was floating …but the news just a few hours later utterly floored me. 

3 days later I’m starting to rally. Surveying the Club today - the fragments- what do we have? Well not much left. Except, we still have huge support and a shared experience of last season where the centrality of the fans to football in Derby was palpably demonstrated time and again. 

Yep, feel totally the same. Friday was awful.

But it looks like we will live to fight another day and I just hope someone is busy re-writing all the songs as we speak. 

I will miss the Wayne Rooney one, probably because it's one of the few that's longer than one sentence without consisting mostly of swear words and insults! 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

We might not appear to have much left, like you say, but somebody still wants to spend a huge amount of money buying us.

He is no mug, and whilst he is a fan, he will also understand the undoubted potential of this club, something that sets us apart from most other clubs outside the top half of the Premier League.

Once season tickets go on sale, and matchday tickets go on general release for the first game of the season, everybody else will see what a BIG club DCFC still is.

I for one can't wait for the season to start now.

COYR ??

I'm a fella that doesn't get fussed, If I can't affect things I aint going to worry about it, The fans in football are more important than football, I'm one of the lucky ones on here that I was there in the 60s and onward and saw some great football, But last seasons fans at DCFC has given me a little rejuvenation where DCFC are concerned, As soon as STs go on sale to the general public I'll get mine again, Seeing and listening on TV the fans and their disdain for the EFL et al has given the Derby fans a rallying point.

I'm not a singer anymore done that and been there, I'm a more of a stand up and yelling at a player for not doing the simple thing, Or giving the men in black constructive criticism ?, So come the 1st game I/we will get behind this club and the new owner/s and make it as uncomfortable as we possibly can for the opposition

Saturday 17th of September is a day I'm chomping at the bit for. 

COYRs 

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'm a fella that doesn't get fussed, If I can't affect things I aint going to worry about it, The fans in football are more important than football, I'm one of the lucky ones on here that I was there in the 60s and onward and saw some great football, But last seasons fans at DCFC has given me a little rejuvenation where DCFC are concerned, As soon as STs go on sale to the general public I'll get mine again, Seeing and listening on TV the fans and their disdain for the EFL et al has given the Derby fans a rallying point.

I'm not a singer anymore done that and been there, I'm a more of a stand up and yelling at a player for not doing the simple thing, Or giving the men in black constructive criticism ?, So come the 1st game I/we will get behind this club and the new owner/s and make it as uncomfortable as we possibly can for the opposition

Saturday 17th of September is a day I'm chomping at the bit for. 

COYRs 

I’m not keen on Wycombe either . 

Like most I was gutted on Friday with Wayne going. He epitomised the spirit we had last season and led the fight against adversity we all got behind. 

If the CK deal had gone through then I think we would have been in a great position to bounce straight back, Rooney had his targets lined up. As it is we’re starting on the back foot and some players are jumping ship. 

However the developments over the past few days despite Rooney leaving have been overwhelmingly positive with the Clowes takeover looking like it’s happening, a deal which starts us on 0 points (which feels massive). We can now look forward again. I also think it’s a fabulous opportunity for Liam Rosenior, he was a key part of last season he’s fully invested in the fight and I think extra driven to do well, unlike Rooney he actually moved his family to the area so he gets it. 

It will be difficult initially but any chance of retaining last seasons feel good factor rests with Rosenior taking the helm. I can fully get behind him, the players who remain and come in and the staff, I really hope he succeeds.

Interesting discussion on talksport this morning re:Rooney, I only caught the end of it. Danny Murphy saying he’s left at the right time, things will only get worse at Derby and his stock will diminish. Simon Jordan saying leaving when a new owner is coming in with 28000 galvanised fans in League One, he’s a bloody fool to leave.

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Let B4 take the glory for posts like this......

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Wouldn't it be a superb statement to have a 30k noisy crowd for the first home game which I think is Oxford. 

I’m all for optimism but don’t think that’s going to happen. Happy to be proved wrong though.

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I’m all for optimism but don’t think that’s going to happen. Happy to be proved wrong though.

There were only 6,000 at home to Salford first game last season and about 16,000 for the first league game. A lot of Rams fans that idolised Wazza are going to feel a little deflated but I’m sure Liam will raise spirits over the next few days and we will do better for the first games than last season.

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

There were only 6,000 at home to Salford first game last season and about 16,000 for the first league game. A lot of Rams fans that idolised Wazza are going to feel a little deflated but I’m sure Liam will raise spirits over the next few days and we will do better for the first games than last season.

The ticketing fiasco was partly to blame for that, plus Covid was still very much a concern (it might still be for some fans). If fans spirits aren't raised by the completion of DC's take-over, they never will be.

I know of a fair few people who intend to buy STs who haven't had one for 10 years, so hopefully that's true of many more people.

My main takeaway from the weekend was the grounds purchase and the bid for the club by D.C... I remained ambivalent towards Wayne throughout the season whilst appreciating his apparent loyalty at the time.

As such I wasn't particularly bothered by his announcement and I feel that it will actually be viewed as a positive given time and the money not employing him will free up at this crucial period in our history.

Onwards and upwards,time to look to the future.