New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, DerbysLane said:

The great managers have an X factor.  I'm not sure you can learn that.

I find Rosenior incredibly boring and irritating in his interviews.  The way he talks about training to be a manager is like some caricature that I can't quite place, David Brent maybe?

Talks a good game, but has not shown that he can implement it.

Fans are awful at picking managers, and for that reason Clowes would be wise to avoid Rosenior.

Billie Eilish Wtf GIF by Global Citizen

I find Rosenior incredibly boring and irritating in his interviews.  The way he talks about training to be a manager is like some caricature that I can't quite place, David Brent maybe?

Well @Owen87ITK asked him to name 3 geniuses, he didn’t say Einstein, Newton...... he said Klopp, Guardiola, Ferguson, Cox.

Fans are awful at picking managers, and for that reason Clowes would be wise to avoid Rosenior.

Yes fans are rubbish at picking

Leave it to David Clowes.. 

Oh wait.... ? 

I can’t see bringing some journeyman Manager, who will just look to bring in the players he’s worked with before and likes, plus costs loads of money be beneficial at this time. What if they struggle early on? We gonna sack them when they’re on a lucrative contract? 

Liam deserves his chance and knows the targets and how the club runs. He won’t be  costing a load either. 

On 24/06/2022 at 18:56, DCFC1388 said:

Liam Rosenior, Jody Morris & Ian Evatt would be my main 3. Although cant see Evatt being an option.

Rosenior & Morris would both need an experienced assistant imo.

John Terry could be an option, linked at the same time as Rooney before. Big name, could entice decent players off his name alone similar to Rooney.

John Terry might be a “Big Name”, but I would rather have players who want to come because DCFC are the attraction.

21 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

White Skin? That's the only thing stopping him getting the big jobs. He was more qualified than Rooney, and more experienced in a coaching environment, yet Rooney got the nod.

Hah! Yeah, we gotta fight to keep the structural violence going!

To be more serious, I would've preferred Rosenior over Rooney at the time. (Well, still do...)  Now it's a clean slate so it's Rosenior vs others. 

I'll try to find some words to describe what I mean. Types like Ferguson, Clough Sr., Wenger, and Mourinho had it. At lower level Warnock and Valakari has it. It's that positive crazyness, accompanied with stubbornness, charisma, and swagger.... also, they'd do everything for their team, so maybe it's kind of animal kingdom alpha male approach?

PS. Just to be very clear, our next manager could have green skin, if he/she/they would be best option otherwise. 

13 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Neither will Hughton.

Some of the names being suggested are depressing - Warnock, Hughton, Cook, Allerdyce etc etc.

Given that Rosenior is familiar with the players and coaching staff i would continue with him in the managers' role, at least in the short term. Assuming that financial resources will be limited for some while, we should prioritise our spending on the player recruitment side because the squad as it stands, even with extending contracts for some, will be unlikely to be good enough to mount a serious promotion challenge - I can see the likes of Knight, Byrne, Buchanan and Bielik leaving before the season starts.

Fair point. None of those mentioned would be good choices (Warnock, Hughton, Cook, Allardyce), so if thats the best we can do, then stick with Rosenior. However, I am sure there are some very decent experienced lower league managers who would like to have DCFC on their CV. The most suitable candidates probably haven't been considered by the lazy journalists and tw@tter experts. I am sure Clowes is an intelligent person who will look beyond 'the usual suspects' in order to appoint the right manager, and get off to a good start in L1.

10 hours ago, DerbysLane said:

I actually agree with your first point here. He comes across very well in interviews but I think managers can be a little too studious. Without having any knowledge of what he is like behind the scenes, managers do need to have that edge. X factor as you call it. Rosenior says a lot of the right things, but is he too nice? Would he hold the respect? I just have a nagging doubt he lacks some of it. I’m up for giving him a go, but would have some reservations. An experienced no.2 would be crucial. 

Give is Rosenior. We didnt want him to go blackpool but we dont want to give him the job. He knows the club, cheapest option & deserves a shot at management. He's an unknown. It could be exciting, plus why would some of the usual experienced names even want it ?‍♂️ no money, no players & uncertainty 

20 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Give is Rosenior. We didnt want him to go blackpool but we dont want to give him the job. He knows the club, cheapest option & deserves a shot at management. He's an unknown. It could be exciting, plus why would some of the usual experienced names even want it ?‍♂️ no money, no players & uncertainty 

Sort your font size out mate.

On 27/06/2022 at 19:00, Dimmu said:

Hah! Yeah, we gotta fight to keep the structural violence going!

To be more serious, I would've preferred Rosenior over Rooney at the time. (Well, still do...)  Now it's a clean slate so it's Rosenior vs others. 

I'll try to find some words to describe what I mean. Types like Ferguson, Clough Sr., Wenger, and Mourinho had it. At lower level Warnock and Valakari has it. It's that positive crazyness, accompanied with stubbornness, charisma, and swagger.... also, they'd do everything for their team, so maybe it's kind of animal kingdom alpha male approach?

PS. Just to be very clear, our next manager could have green skin, if he/she/they would be best option otherwise. 

Havent we just had shrek? Sorry Wayne