Rooney at Moor Farm

RoyMac5

Have been philosophical about today...suspected we would get beat so had mentally prepared myself for the inevitable disappointment. There was also part of me relieved we could draw a line under it all.

The Moor Farm scenes have got to me though. An unexpected silver lining to the day & just so proud to see such a bond between fans & the team/staff....a 'club' in the truest sense of the word. A lot of goodwill both sides of the fence that we'll need next year.

Well done to everyone who went down there to welcome them home ?

Amazing.

Rooney said earlier that he'd never witnessed a scene where the relegated team had got such a brilliant response from the fans only then to have a group waiting back at Moor Farm to applaud them.

Kudos to all who were there and great for all the staff and players to come out and meet them.

Rooney is class. Total respect for a real football man.

Didn't shed a tear today,as it was inevitable, but those scenes put me over the edge, well done to you who did that, ? per cent the players and staff were appreciative and moved by it........im proud to be a Derby fan and proud to witness this season.......50yrs since we were crowned Champions of England but so happy that 50 yrs on we have a team to be proud off despite the circumstance COYR ???

6 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Didn't shed a tear today,as it was inevitable, but those scenes put me over the edge, well done to you who did that, ? per cent the players and staff were appreciative and moved by it........im proud to be a Derby fan and proud to witness this season.......50yrs since we were crowned Champions of England but so happy that 50 yrs on we have a team to be proud off despite the circumstance COYR ???

And we shall be champions of league one and I am hoping next season.

I've seen some supposed Derby supporters saying what was the point in going to Moor Farm last night. 

Absolute duckwits - they'll be the same ones who decide to now stay away for the next two home games and won't appear in league one until we're in the top two comfortably. 

We support through thick and thin - we don't just go when we get free tickets or the icing has started to be put on the cake. 

If I could thank each and everyone of you that turned up last night, I would. ?♥️

23 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I've seen some supposed Derby supporters saying what was the point in going to Moor Farm last night. 

Absolute duckwits - they'll be the same ones who decide to now stay away for the next two home games and won't appear in league one until we're in the top two comfortably. 

We support through thick and thin - we don't just go when we get free tickets or the icing has started to be put on the cake. 

If I could thank each and everyone of you that turned up last night, I would. ?♥️

I feel the same about those who went to yesterday’s game ? 

still can’t load my videos from Moor Farm because they’re too big to load- I can imagine when I finally work it out ,you’ll all be underwhelmed by my filming ability, which coupled with my height didn’t give for the most thrilling footage! 

Brilliant. Well done to all those who went last night. Shows what love we have as a support for our club. 
Amazing to have the gaffer and players come out like that to give a thanks and appreciation after being relegated. 

Can’t wait until Saturday now.

Let’s move on and rebuild with this type of relationship and bond as the core of what we as Derby County are all about. 

17 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Nobody is more surprised than me at how much I love this bloke. When he arrived I was not impressed by the Rooney circus, but how he’s proved me wrong! 

Yep, I got him totally wrong and I'll admit that. He has serious character and commitment. He will be a top manager with those attributes

6 hours ago, Nishfan said:

I feel the same about those who went to yesterday’s game ? 

still can’t load my videos from Moor Farm because they’re too big to load- I can imagine when I finally work it out ,you’ll all be underwhelmed by my filming ability, which coupled with my height didn’t give for the most thrilling footage! 

was there yesterday mate , the support during and after the game was immense , so so proud of the team and management , please stay Wayne and lead us back COYR