What players would you bring in on trial

B4ev6is

Well what players would you bring in on trail from first to under 23s and even under 18 and under 16s.

We have lost no end of talented young player and also experance players in.

But we have to remember if we are league one or the champership but Rooney might as well make a start on list of players he wants to bring in to take a look at.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well what players would you bring in on trail from first to under 23s and even under 18 and under 16s.

We have lost no end of talented young player and also experance players in.

But we have to remember if we are league one or the champership but Rooney might as well make a start on list of players he wants to bring in to take a look at.

Gil Favor

We should be on the trail of players like Isiah Jones and Zorba Thomas . They have 20 assists between them this season , both picked up from non league. Cheap wages, and a chance of a profit. Also look at Scottish football, we have had some truly superb players from across the border.

the key next year especially if were in L1 is not getting the best players we can, but getting the best players that play as a team. were going to everyones cup final next year especially if rooney stays. i think we need hard working ‘scrapper’ type players. folk who dont mind mixing it up

Edited by Ram-a-lama fa fa fa

34 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

We should be on the trail of players like Isiah Jones and Zorba Thomas . They have 20 assists between them this season , both picked up from non league. Cheap wages, and a chance of a profit. Also look at Scottish football, we have had some truly superb players from across the border.

I’m struggling to guess whether you’re Nigel or Simon…

fair point re looking for non league bargains!

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Definitely some Scottish players, and not just from the SPL. Some gems to be had from League 2 and 3 ?????????????????????

1 hour ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

the key next year especially if were in L1 is not getting the best players we can, but getting the best players that play as a team. were going to everyones cup final next year especially if rooney stays. i think we need hard working ‘scrapper’ type players. folk who dont mind mixing it up

Yea, I am sure Ipswich, Sunderland and the likes of Pompey will be looking forward to ‘their’ cup final……

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yea, I am sure Ipswich, Sunderland and the likes of Pompey will be looking forward to ‘their’ cup final……

Whilst there are other big clubs down there, Derby +Rooney will be a huge draw.

I can't believe the amount of random fans even turning up at the hotel last weekend because Rooney was there.

You saw that young Middlesbrough fan running across pitch to get close to him (I hope they arrested his parents, btw!) 

Anyway, when I was at Forest Green Rovers recently the club they were most looking forward to playing if promoted was us, if relegated. At that time, it looked like we might stay up. But there is an identity about Derby County, a big club feel. We aren't run down, faded grandeur, whatever, we look and act like we ought to be up there now. I suspect for other clubs - and their fans -  that's still a huge incentive to 'put us in our place'!

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Whilst there are other big clubs down there, Derby +Rooney will be a huge draw.

I can't believe the amount of random fans even turning up at the hotel last weekend because Rooney was there.

You saw that young Middlesbrough fan running across pitch to get close to him (I hope they arrested his parents, btw!) 

Anyway, when I was at Forest Green Rovers recently the club they were most looking forward to playing if promoted was us, if relegated. At that time, it looked like we might stay up. But there is an identity about Derby County, a big club feel. We aren't run down, faded grandeur, whatever, we look and act like we ought to be up there now. I suspect for other clubs - and their fans -  that's still a huge incentive to 'put us in our place'!

That's an issue as well.  Teams will raise their game.  25% of the division will be clubs you expect to be higher, but we're one of the bigger 3 clubs down there if we drop as expected - and the other two may come back up.  When Peterborough got promoted last season for example, we were the first team mentioned as a big game.  

How about Patrick Roberts? His contract expires at the end of the season with Sunderland. Been on multiple loans and not had a proper run anywhere and looked like the makings of a decent player when he was with us. decent age to kick on now at 25 certainly worth a trial in  my eyes. 

Edited by Manchester Ram

26 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Get Shinnie and Jags back. 

Shinnie is about to get promoted back into the championship. Why would he want to stay in league 1? He’s really not found it easy and his stats were more impressive at Derby struggling in the championship than they are at Wigan flying in league 1….

League 1 is a very very difficult league and will be a completely different ball game for many of our players physically and mentally. 

46 league games (nearly all will be physical battles of attrition, 4 relegation places, only two automatic promotion spots and on top of all the usual cups you have the additional games in the Papa Johns trophy. It’s brutal.