What players would you bring in on trial

B4ev6is

On 12/04/2022 at 08:55, Jimbo Ram said:

Yea, I am sure Ipswich, Sunderland and the likes of Pompey will be looking forward to ‘their’ cup final……

We are a bigger club than Ipswich and Pompey and with a big name with our manager, yes we will be an attraction to supporters of these well supported clubs. Ipswich Top tier champions once 1961/2 season, ground capacity=30,311 with a category 2 academy.

Portsmouth top tier champions twice 1948/49 & 1949/50, ground capacity=17,500 with a category 3 academy.

Sunderland top tier champions 6 times the last time being 1935/36 season, ground capacity=49,000 with a category 1 academy.

Only Sunderland would be considered a bigger club with their past titles and ground capacity and current support.

2 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Sometimes it's a case of wanting a club within a certain radius of home / family and I'd suggest trials at Birmingham and Sheffield maybe show this.

We don't really know how he's dealing with the stabbing on a personal level, could be he wants to be no more than 2 hours drive from someone he's close to so he can call in if he's struggling. It could be myriad other reasons.

If you look at Nigel Clough, he'd only ever take a job he could still go home every day from and be 'dad'.

I think you’re right although I’d argue at that point may it have been better for Wisdom in this case to sign for burton for a year to keep himself match sharp rather than just training at clubs who half take an interest? 

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I think you’re right although I’d argue at that point may it have been better for Wisdom in this case to sign for burton for a year to keep himself match sharp rather than just training at clubs who half take an interest? 

It may have been, but who's to say that Burton had a place for him? They've got a limited budget and may well already have enough cover at CB/RB (I don't actually know, it's just theoretical) so have priorotised bringing in forwards?

Let's say for example he went down to Mansfield in League Two for the sake of game time, he'd technically be a better player than anyone there currently but they are flying now so maybe he wouldn't actually make the team? It's not a good look not being able to break into a L2 team if you've got ambitions of playing in The Championship in 6 months!

Everyone's doing their own thing.

In addition to that, playing games / keeping himself match sharp also means exposing himself to the risk of injury so maybe it's a better bet to just keep himself ticking over with training?

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

It may have been, but who's to say that Burton had a place for him? They've got a limited budget and may well already have enough cover at CB/RB (I don't actually know, it's just theoretical) so have priorotised bringing in forwards?

Let's say for example he went down to Mansfield in League Two for the sake of game time, he'd technically be a better player than anyone there currently but they are flying now so maybe he wouldn't actually make the team? It's not a good look not being able to break into a L2 team if you've got ambitions of playing in The Championship in 6 months!

Everyone's doing their own thing.

In addition to that, playing games / keeping himself match sharp also means exposing himself to the risk of injury so maybe it's a better bet to just keep himself ticking over with training?

You make valid points, which have  made me think. 

I guess ultimately as you say “everyone’s going their own thing”.

I’d rather be playing the sport I love as much as possible but can appreciate some players merely see it as a job. Although I can’t excuse some *cough Anya cough.

Anyway I’m intrigued to see where Andre goes next and for how long.