What players would you bring in on trial

B4ev6is

46 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Keep Curtis and Cashin, get Jags back and we have a good solid centre defence for L1. Leave Keogh for Burton Albion

Do you think Jags has another season in him? He's nearly 40, isn't he? Classy player if he can keep fit.

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

Do you think Jags has another season in him? He's nearly 40, isn't he? Classy player if he can keep fit.

What we saw of him and his contribution at Stoke I would say yes if he wants it. Davies, Cashin, Jags and A.N.Other (Stearman and/or a younger freebie) would be a solid foundation at the back.
Though you could argue if we’re going to bring someone in on a free we should look for someone with a couple of seasons in them or we're in the same situation having to replace Davies and Jags next summer (so long as we still have a club!) 
I’m cautiously looking forward to the silly season if the takeover gets sorted, imagine the novelty of ACTUALLY being able to sign players and then collectively write them off before they’ve even played a minute on the pitch….after the past couple of years that’s the stuff dreams are made of ?

14 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Would anyone consider Wisdom as a sqaud player? trained with Sheff Utd recently but still doesn't have a club

He’s someone I’d have liked us to re-sign this season if the EFL restrictions had allowed, can cover CB and RB, isn’t brilliant, isn’t terrible, would do a job as a squad player at league one level for sure. Plus he’s got experience in and around the club, that’s one thing I think will be vital with any potential rebuild post takeover, we definitely need fresh blood and to think about the future, but a squad also needs those players who have some connection and history to the club. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

23 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He’s someone I’d have liked us to re-sign this season if the EFL restrictions had allowed, can cover CB and RB, isn’t brilliant, isn’t terrible, would do a job as a squad player at league one level for sure. Plus he’s got experience in and around the club, that’s one thing I think will be vital with any potential rebuild post takeover, we definitely need fresh blood and to think about the future, but a squad also needs those players who have some connection and history to the club. 

I agree. I think he would be an idea sqaud player for us next season, can player CB or RB, knows the club and after having a season without a club shouldn't have massive wage demands.

11 hours ago, Scott129 said:

Weird one that, isn't it?

A solid player on his day. Makes you wonder why he's not been able to find a suitable club.

10 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I have to admit I am surprised he hasn't got a new club yet.

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Re: Wisdom. It’s happened a few times over the last 3 seasons were a player would rather go without a club than seemingly taking a lower wage. Baffling.

Sometimes it's a case of wanting a club within a certain radius of home / family and I'd suggest trials at Birmingham and Sheffield maybe show this.

We don't really know how he's dealing with the stabbing on a personal level, could be he wants to be no more than 2 hours drive from someone he's close to so he can call in if he's struggling. It could be myriad other reasons.

If you look at Nigel Clough, he'd only ever take a job he could still go home every day from and be 'dad'.

Edited by Coconut's Beard