What players would you bring in on trial

B4ev6is

45 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Looking forward to the establishment of a quality scouting network, an absolute must once we have a new owner.

Looking forward to the serious bidding war for the best free agents once we are allowed to do that by the efl.

Realistically we might be able to sign 3 or 4 quality free agents in the summer, rooney says he wants upto 40 new players across under 23 and first team players.

'40 players signings contracts' would be better wording. I expect around 30 of those are currently at the club.

46 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

'40 players signings contracts' would be better wording. I expect around 30 of those are currently at the club.

That would make sense. I think 40 new faces would be an absolute overhall and I can't see we would need quite that many additions (even including the U23's and U18's).

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

But he did sue Derby. He can come back for me after he's paid the £2 million back.

Think his better days are behind him but he won his case in court...so why should he pay back anything? At the end of the day the wrong player was sacked and the 2 main culprits got away with it and that was all down to the misguided judgement of a certain MM.....

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think his better days are behind him but he won his case in court...so why should he pay back anything? At the end of the day the wrong player was sacked and the 2 main culprits got away with it and that was all down to the misguided judgement of a certain MM.....

In your opinion. I don't agree.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Really, why has no one mentioned this before.

It is also worth noting that we won't have much baggage going down into League One.

I imagine fans of most relegated clubs debate how to offload unwanted overpaid players. Do we actually have any of them?

We are more likely to offer a good chance of first team football as well, as we are so short on players.

I would however try and build as much around what we already have, at least for the first year, especially if we do have another points penalty.

I don't expect us to bounce back in the first year, but expect us to have developed a style of play that, with the right additions the following year, would see us go up and be able to hold our own in the Championship.

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

It was the court’s opinion.

How many times do we need to go over this? It was not a court, it was an EFL players tribunal. It didn't say we sacked the wrong people, it said we'd wrongly dismissed Keogh. He wouldn't have won an employment tribunal because he was no longer fit to carry out his job and would only have received a small payment even if he did (which is why he went to the EFL instead.)

I don't think Bennett and Lawrence got away with it, they were both convicted in a court of law and have completed their reparation. They were both able to continue to do their jobs.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

How many times do we need to go over this? It was not a court, it was an EFL players tribunal. It didn't say we sacked the wrong people, it said we'd wrongly dismissed Keogh. He wouldn't have won an employment tribunal because he was no longer fit to carry out his job and would only have received a small payment even if he did (which is why he went to the EFL instead.)

I don't think Bennett and Lawrence got away with it, they were both convicted in a court of law and have completed their reparation. They were both able to continue to do their jobs.

Have to agree to disagree. As you say, time to move on now.