World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

The Dutch got what they deserved, looked like they played for penalties the way they approached extra time. Why did they not go for the win in the 2nd half of ET with the biggest, ugliest, forwards since Peter Withe retired. 

As bad as Argentina are at the dark arts there is something equally unpleasant about the mardy boers as well. 

No matter, England would beat either of them I reckon.

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Despite the certainty of the commentary, I thought it was a soft penalty as well. May not be the popular view but lots and lots of referees would shake their head and signal them to "get up". Completely bought and paid for

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I thought so too. 

But as you said the commentary was convincing and even the Dutch response wasn't that strong. 

It was very, very Will Hughes in that playoff final, but the bastid ref refused to give it us on the day. 

37 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It was very, very Will Hughes in that playoff final, but the bastid ref refused to give it us on the day. 

It was a stonewall penalty, the player was too clever and quick making the defender trip him in desperation. Any ref in the world would have given the penalty apart from that bastid you mentioned. 

I hate referees. Derby got done in the 1973 European Cup Semi-Final, the 1976 FA Cup Semi-Final, The 1994 Play Off Final and the 2014 Play Off Final.

Luckily I'm old and wise enough not to harbour a grudge.

Who's ya father, who's ya father, who's ya father Referee.

You ain't got one, you're a bast...., you're a bast..., referee

Edited by uttoxram75

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Argentina deserved to go through. Bar the final 10 minutes plus added time when the Dutch went all Wimbledon, Holland were shy and toothless.

The Messi show rolls on.

But I wouldn’t put it past Croatia beating them like they did in 2018.

Fancy an Argentina red card in that the way Croatia keep the ball.  They don't look the fittest, look constantly on the verge of a tackle that's 3 seconds late  and will be fooked after an hour of running around after their midfield.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Fancy an Argentina red card in that the way Croatia keep the ball.  They don't look the fittest, look constantly on the verge of a tackle that's 3 seconds late  and will be fooked after an hour of running around after their midfield.

Argentina players are naturally crazy. Always emotional, pumped up beyond normal and they play on the edge.

It’s why so often they make stupid mistakes and are reckless.

I remember Marcos Rojo getting sent off in the Copa America final when they were 11 vs 10. Brainless.

Controlled aggression is good.

But they go beyond that all too often.

10 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

15 yellows.

Hopefully the last we'll see of that ref.

Think the Argies deserved to go through but they're a bloody horrible team.

Paredes lucky not to see red. Cruyff would be spinning in his grave after that - and they did the same in the 2010 final. 
Now reading Argentina are favourites to win the final. Don’t understand that with England and France still there and with Modric reminding us what a great player he is

Edited by kevinhectoring

Should we meet Argentina in the final, I think its clear we must utilise long ball play. They absolutely hated it and even after they won the Argentinians were moaning to the media about Van Gaal's tactics in the later stages

I wouldn't want to see us lump it all game as I think it's effectiveness wears off fast if you become predictable, but it's a weapon I think this England side has should we need it