Rams v Preston Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

4 minutes ago, jono said:

Phew .. rake the ashes and the embers are still glowing.

Lets face it, it wasn’t pretty, flat footed in the first 20 mins or so but picked it up. Malcolm is kind of the reverse of Festy. Where festy has strength and speed to burn, Malcom is all wonderful feet and body shifting. He’s a delight to watch. I think he’s going to be some player. Doubt it will be us sadly but there you go. I am liking Cashin more and more. So solid, so strong for a youngster and so good at not wasting possession. The occasional forward run but great awareness of his responsibility. Never looks rushed. Class in the making. Bielik made a difference didn’t he ! And Rava .. great finish. It’s those players who move the ball on the first touch that can give us momentum and make things happen. 

I love waxing lyrical but it’s hard these days. The lads worked hard all afternoon and deserved it. As for PNE, a bit meh and mardy. 

Officials ? Well the east stand Lino was half asleep on several occasions, how the ref who was 10 yards away looking at the direction of play didn’t see their B with both arms round Toms torso I have no idea .. pathetic. Max maybe deserved a booking but I didn’t see him being wreckless or out of control for that tackle .. what do you guys think ? 

Up the Rams .. over and out 

Having seen the 2 incidents, their red was a lot more debatable than ours, there were covering defenders….Bird’s definitely a red….

29 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Morrison deserves a new contract with Derby. But he doesn’t deserve a league one football to be fair. 

Hopefully he feels like he's found a bit of a home here and is willing to stick with us. Given how nomadic he has been recently he might fancy a bit of consistency.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

3 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Cashin superb today,  He looks like he's been playing at this level for years.

Yes, And he's been watched by those other clubs who can wave a cheque book at his agent ?

14 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Preston player not a sending off for me as there was a covering player to the right, Bird goes in with his leg then a high foot...a sending off was right, TL should have scored before the sending off with the header that went wide, All in all...we're still there fighting ?

I was dead level with the Preston sending off and there's no way any other Preston player was going to stop Lawrence from having a clear goalscoring opportunity. I thought the ref would bottle it though. 

Bird sending off looked fair too. 

24 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Hopefully he feels like he's found a bit of a home here and is willing to stick with us. Given how nomadic he has been recently he might fancy a bit of consistency.

Us or Rooney?  If both stay I'm happy. 

7 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I was dead level with the Preston sending off and there's no way any other Preston player was going to stop Lawrence from having a clear goalscoring opportunity. I thought the ref would bottle it though. 

Bird sending off looked fair too. 

Not going to disagree, Sky highlights showed the Preston player was near enough and forward  for his team mate not to get the red card.

I've seen a lot worse challenges than Birds that have gone unpunished, It just makes you wonder whether the officials spoke about the sending off at HT and evened things up...another one for the conspiracy files?

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Not going to disagree, Sky highlights showed the Preston player was near enough and forward  for his team mate not to get the red card.

I've seen a lot worse challenges than Birds that have gone unpunished, It just makes you wonder whether the officials spoke about the sending off at HT and evened things up...another one for the conspiracy files?

Bird’s was 100% a red card…having said that Mctominay of Manure just got a yellow for a similar tackle…..Preston sending off more open to debate…

Enjoyed that 

both red cards were red cards 

and we deserved to win, Birds sending off made Preston come out a bit and helped get the important goal 

MoM - Preston goalkeeper - been the best keeper in the championship all season by a mile. Sad that he is actually a Leicester city player 

we March on - six games to go and we still have a chance - amazing