Rams v Coventry Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

I’ll probably have more thoughts later but maybe, just  maybe, we’ve had a timely reminder that they aren’t many really good sides in this league and we are capable.

Deserved to win that, but more composure in the final third and we would be getting very excited again.

Could so easily have been three points, then again the two 1 on 1s they missed were fortunate (second one a great stop from Allsop).

A point helps neutralise the danger of a Reading draw but we're fast approaching the last chance saloon.

Very confident answer just now from Lawrence saying he "definitely" believes we will survive the drop.

We really needed to win and came so close, but I think Coventry would have felt aggrieved had they lost. Gyokeres had the two best chances of the match.

A fair result and a point is not the end of the world. It just means that we’ll have to win somewhere we weren’t realistically expecting to. Swansea or QPR away? Fulham at home?

We weren’t at our most fluent today - lots of possession but no real oomph, composure, or cutting edge. Ebiowei’s pace and trickery stood out but his end product needs work.

We simply have to recharge, come out swinging, and beat Preston in two weeks’ time.

It’s far from over but you would have to say it’s advantage Reading and Barnsley as it stands.

Everyone go and read their forum, what a bunch of disgusting Bamfords!

Bet they would sue us as well for "taking points from them and cheating" if they could.

"Hope that ducker hitting the post sends them down"

"I ducking hate Derby. I hope the Bamfords go bust"

"Dabo has every right to go for that"

"Nonsense decisions from this referee today. Pathetic and obvious he’s just facing to the crowd. Do they have performance reviews?"

"Ref gives them everything they shout for"

"Cheating Bamfords"

"They deserve to go down"

I'm just glad they have Waghorn now!

(? came on at 70 minutes right? Did he touch the ball?) I love Waggy for everything he did for us, and we could do with him now even, but he was never worth what we paid!

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Allsop deserves massive credit too, made a couple of excellent stops to keep us in it and was assured at the back. 

Ryan Allsop has been such a surprise this season and consistently good for this level. Brings a calmness too, despite the crazy risks we often try to take at the back. If we have a club next season I hope he stays.

6 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Bet they would sue us as well for "taking points from them and cheating" if they could.

"Nonsense decisions from this referee today. Pathetic and obvious he’s just facing to the crowd. Do they have performance reviews?"

"Cheating Bamfords"

(? came on at 70 minutes right? Did he touch the ball?) I love Waggy for everything he did for us, and we could do with him now even, but he was never worth what we paid!

They have short memories that lot.

Coventry had a nightmare few seasons due to the poor ownership, cannot believe the arrogance 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ryan Allsop has been such a surprise this season and consistently good for this level. Brings a calmness too, despite the crazy risks we often try to take at the back. If we have a club next season I hope he stays.

I've said before, what's the real difference between him and Roos?

Nothing much really. I'm glad Marshall has gone. Roos can be a backup, but realistically you expect your GK to manage a full season in most cases. You need a n.1 and a young upcoming on the bench. Maybe a very low wage reserve after this, but why on earth did we need Marshall, Roos and Allsop in our situation?

21 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Well it’s a point on the board and it stops a losing run, but we really needed all three points.

Such a shame about the starting line up, it really hamstrung us first half. Thankfully Rooney saw the problem and changed it but we’d given ourselves to much to do to get the win.

Special mention for a Malcolm who was a constant threat. 

I thought Thompson played well enough but the formation second half was better.

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I thought Thompson played well enough but the formation second half was better.

I agree. Thompson was tidy and did his job as he always does when called upon, the change in formation just gave us a bit more forward intent. Would like to see Lawrence as the central forward in the next game, play Ebiowei and either Sibley/Festy up with him. Ravel or Knight in midfield with Bird and Bielik. Then a back 4 of Byrne, Davies, Buchanan and Forsyth. 

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

"Cheating Bamfords"

They’d love for a club who skirted regulations and got caught to escape the subsequent repercussions.

I don't want them to go bust, but I hope they go all the way down to L2 after their shenanigans.

These twits like the rest seem to have forgotten we had 21 points deducted.

And you right the bilge is running like a river on this one

Hope those Bamfords go down now, ducking diving ricks. They had the ref on their side all game we played pretty much 90 minutes with 10 men on the pitch.

7games left for them and 5 points from safety. Thankfully they’ll get relegated this year

They are fuckd needed a win today only 7 games left couldn't happen to a nicer bunch

This one will be hounded out of town now

Can't believe ppl moaning about pen. It was a pen be it o hare dumb late kickout or sheaf clumsily bundling in.. And they shud have had one for Dabos kick up the balls earlier too.

The penalty was quite soft, and I'd not have been too up in arms if it hadn't been given (the Buchanan one was far more obvious, as have been the other ones we've not had in recent games), but it's such a false equivalent that Coventry fans are comparing it to the one Godden got a ban for.
Lawrence did have his trailing foot clipped by O'Hare, and Sheaf did step across him and fail to get a touch on the ball. Enough for a penalty? Maybe not, but there is contact.
Image.png.54f6efabb004defb48f030c77241905b.png
The one Godden got banned for, he wasn't touched at all by the Fulham defender: