Rams v Coventry Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I can’t actually remember that incident ? The Buchanan one was definitely a penalty and I think the Lawrence one was too although more debatable ?

Agreed. 

Their player seemed to kick Buchanan between the legs. 

It's strange really how fouls are treated inside and out of the box. The amount of pushing, holding and shoving that goes on inside the penalty area from set plays would surely lead to fouls being given outside the box. 

3 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

It was covered on Quest. They seemed to think the ref got it right on all three . I think rooney was over the top in saying we should have had three pens. Buchanan and Lawrence fouls were fair shouts but neither totally clear cut.  The other one Ebowei fell over.  

What about when Waghorn threw Davis to the floor? Probably the clearest of them all.

20 hours ago, RedSox said:

This is where my head is at now (not heart). I’ve been there in the dark times of the old third division and sadly, that is effectively where I think we are heading now. Third tier. Been going since 1966, but I don’t remember feeling this disconsolate about a team’s demise. Partly due to the tricks that time plays with your mind - and partly due to the sense of camaraderie there seems to be between players/coaches and the fans. They did their best and I for one feel proud to have witnessed this, but it was always going to be a miracle fir us to pull off - and that was before the EFL stepped in to keep us behind the 8 ball. Empty now and just so sad for everyone connected with the club. Thanks for everything, Mel.  I was well and truly kippered…..

QPR 1 Posh 3  We are now the strongest team in the league, holding all the others up.?

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Looked at it again. Dabo was lucky because he missed the ball with his wild swipe but also missed Buchanan, but only just. Can’t complain. But Coventry could complain about the Lawrence pen !

Not really - Tom took avoiding action from the body block which the defender played which could have resulted in injury. The only injustice was thst they had bern doing that to Derby players all match without any action from the ref - there were 3 on Ebiole in the opening 20 minutes. They obviously thought they could get away with it.

18 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

What about when Waghorn threw Davis to the floor? Probably the clearest of them all.

They didn't show that. According to the referee review after the Cardiff game,  Davies is a strong lad so he should stay on his feet rather than allow himself to be thrown to the floor. 

Everyone knows that referees don't award penalties for fouls where the attacker tries to stay on his feet, so why they bleat when a player gets fouled twice, rides the first contact but goes down after the second unsuccessful challenge (neither Coventry player played the ball) and is justifiably awarded a penalty, I don't know. 

You expect it from partisan fans, but "professional" pundits should really know better. 

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Everyone knows that referees don't award penalties for fouls where the attacker tries to stay on his feet, so why they bleat when a player gets fouled twice, rides the first contact but goes down after the second unsuccessful challenge (neither Coventry player played the ball) and is justifiably awarded a penalty, I don't know. 

You expect it from partisan fans, but "professional" pundits should really know better. 

Exactly. 

I am pretty confident if Festy had made a meal of their right back’s head high challenge he’d have been off for a second yellow too.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

They didn't show that. According to the referee review after the Cardiff game,  Davies is a strong lad so he should stay on his feet rather than allow himself to be thrown to the floor. 

It happened before the ball was kicked from the corner, so couldn't have been a penalty anyway.

Lawrence and Ebiowei ones were never pens, but the Buchanan one was, very reckless from Dabo who was erratic all game.