Rav Morrison

Comrade 86

16 hours ago, RealisticRam said:

You clearly haven't love.

Regardless, are you only allowed the opinion that Rooney is a fantastic manager? Having a difference of opinion doesn't mean you're negative. I want us to do well and if you had bothered to read my other posts, you'd have seen not 15 mins ago I said I can see us taking survival to the last day, so that's hardly doom and gloom is it?

“Love “ how condescending 

His technical ability has never been in doubt, he’s the best in the squad on that single aspect.

Problem is, his inclusion in the team has often been a hindrance to the balance of the midfield and thus the performance of the team. Hence why even Thompson was ahead of him a short while back. He kept the ball well but didn’t do anything progressive with it, wasn’t fit enough and was often a hindrance to our play.

Things have changed though, in the last two games he’s playing much more positive manner, in a more advanced position and seems to have improved his fitness (looks like he can make it past HT without blowing out his arris).

Hopefully he keeps this level up now. We need everyone at 100% and making a positive contribution to stand a chance!

He hasn't looked fit for me. Not sure if that's his languid sort of style or if he's genuinely not been as sharp as he should. Would not be surprising if he was lacking in fitness given the career he's had to date.

I don't think we've played to his strengths tactically either by playing him too deep. With Bielik back fit, we should be able to play him further up the park, where he can link up play and make things happen. With Tom, Festy, Luke and Malcolm there's a pace and dynamism to our attack we haven't seen for long periods this season.

He looks hungry, so hopefully we can build his confidence up and he can make the sort of impact he did on Saturday.  

40 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

His technical ability has never been in doubt, he’s the best in the squad on that single aspect.

Problem is, his inclusion in the team has often been a hindrance to the balance of the midfield and thus the performance of the team. Hence why even Thompson was ahead of him a short while back. He kept the ball well but didn’t do anything progressive with it, wasn’t fit enough and was often a hindrance to our play.

Things have changed though, in the last two games he’s playing much more positive manner, in a more advanced position and seems to have improved his fitness (looks like he can make it past HT without blowing out his arris).

Hopefully he keeps this level up now. We need everyone at 100% and making a positive contribution to stand a chance!

Think he said in his Radio Derby interview after the game that he’d had Covid and had since struggled with his fitness. Only now feeling 100%. So that might explain a few things. 

56 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

If he carries on playing well he keeps his place. Back to slowing the pace down, passing backwards and basically going missing in games…..then it’s back on the bench…..

He’s been good this season. The amount of times he and kaz have come on also to make an impact which they did when asked upon. His talent is unreal and now he’s getting a good run in a season for the second time in his career. Just sometimes needs to see the simpler pass which a player like John eustace would. But how many times would John eustace be key in pulling a two goal deficit back or running a game like that? 

Edited by Derbyram1983

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Fair play to him. Whatever happens to us I hope he manages a few years playing football. He seemed to waste his early years and by all accounts it was his own fault, but under Rooney he has turned into a hard working team player with more talent than most at this level.

Thought he was very hit and miss for most of the season, resulting in him rightfully (imo) not starting a couple of months ago, but this little run in the team recently he's been excellent. 

Pity he's unlikely to start tomorrow due to playing yesterday and having to travel back.