Cashin 7

Davies 7

Bird 8

Bielik 6

Morrison 8

Lawrence 7

Ebiowei 7

Plange 7

Agree with most of those - although I think Plange was an 8 - little reward for his effort and hold-up play (and I have been one of his biggest critics since his move and loan back). I also think Allsop had a very good game. Caught everything and his distribution (apart from a couple of wayward efforts) was excellent. The save from Morris after we scored our first was vital - he would get an 8 for me. 

I thought Ebosele only plays 45 minutes he disappeared second half and kept running into trouble. In fact after the second goal we went very flat and left Plange on his own up top. It was probably how Rooney wanted to play out the game but it was frustrating to watch.

I must admit when I saw the line up I feared the worst tbh. The team started relatively well but at times the tempo was once again too slow. Barnsley got into shape and made it quite difficult barring the chance Plange snatched at right at the beginning of the game. The goal was sublime both the build up and the finish. Pushing Morrison into that role might well bring the best out of him, but I'd have to say CKR is the man upfront for the role that Plange played today.

The Barnsley manager then did a team talk on the pitch... bit odd but it worked for a good 10 minutes as they created 2 or 3 good opportunities to peg it back to 1-1. One downside today was the Cashin Ebosele partnership at LB and LCB did not really work. If they'd focused their play down that flank more often they would have scored. Ebosele's positioning and small stature combined with Cashin's lack of acceleration did cause us problems and Morris looked alright for them. At half time, I felt that despite having the lead they were definitely in the game. 

whatever Rooney's team talk was at half time it did the trick. Got a very early second goal and should have got a third which put the game to bed. It knocked them for 6 and they couldn't recover from it. The tempo was increased and we started to actually use the pace that was available in the team. Ebosele moved to the wing where he could be slightly more effective and we pretty much controlled the game. Barnsley try to play decent football but they're ultimately a team full of limited individuals (barring their left full back and left winger who both looked alright today i thought). They can be a goal threat but you can't see them picking up a lot of points going forward which can only be a good thing for us. 

4 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Been out and about, should get home in time to follow most of the match. Really hope we just go for it. Want to see the forward players running the channels looking to stretch their defence and get in behind with Ravel/Bird/Bielik playing the right passes forward, as well as pushing up to support the attack at times. It’s all good us having loads of the ball but we need to use it better 

This aged well ? 

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Talk my daughter for the first time since the playoff game against Leeds. She found it a bit intimidating that day, enjoyed it much more now she's a bit older (10), I might have an excuse to go more regularly now ???

Fancy not talking to your daughter for nearly 3 years. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Was nice to control and dominate a game, thought Rooney got the starting lineup spot on as he wanted us on the front foot early. Barnsley never really a threat and was a very comfortable win with 2 quality goals.

Hopefully that will give us the confidence to go to Bournemouth and Blackburn and get some points. At least we have a full week's rest to come.

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I did, I knew he would get his first league goals since 2014…had a feeling in my water ??

FTFY - you clearly weren't able to catch the game today so I thought I'd let you know that he actually scored twice.

As for your 'analysis', the lad only played 16 English league games (read 'substitute appearances') in the 7 seasons prior to joining Derby so I thought I'd help clear that up for you too because clearly you wouldn't expect a player who, to all intents and purposes, was not even playing, to be banging in the goals left right and centre. And clearly, you're far too fair-minded a chap to smear a player at the club you support with unqualified stats, aren't you? 

In any case, given the predicament the players and coaches find themselves in this season, I'm sure Rav and Wazza have both appreciated your unwavering support. After a game winning MoM performance like today's I sure appreciative posts like yours will be the cherry on Rav's cake. Bravo fella!

COYR

32 minutes ago, andyburton72 said:

Agree with most of those - although I think Plange was an 8 - little reward for his effort and hold-up play (and I have been one of his biggest critics since his move and loan back). I also think Allsop had a very good game. Caught everything and his distribution (apart from a couple of wayward efforts) was excellent. The save from Morris after we scored our first was vital - he would get an 8 for me. 

Yes. He did everything I would expect of a keeper. Good save. Distribution on point mostly. Commanded box. Could be an 8 but the queue for a pint was too long!

17 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Was nice to control and dominate a game, thought Rooney got the starting lineup spot on as he wanted us on the front foot early. Barnsley never really a threat and was a very comfortable win with 2 quality goals.

Hopefully that will give us the confidence to go to Bournemouth and Blackburn and get some points. At least we have a full week's rest to come.

Bournmouth had both their manager and a player sent off late in the game, That could well be usefull?

44 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

FTFY - you clearly weren't able to catch the game today so I thought I'd let you know that he actually scored twice.

As for your 'analysis', the lad only played 16 English league games (read 'substitute appearances') in the 7 seasons prior to joining Derby so I thought I'd help clear that up for you too because clearly you wouldn't expect a player who, to all intents and purposes, was not even playing, to be banging in the goals left right and centre. And clearly, you're far too fair-minded a chap to smear a player at the club you support with unqualified stats, aren't you? 

In any case, given the predicament the players and coaches find themselves in this season, I'm sure Rav and Wazza have both appreciated your unwavering support. After a game winning MoM performance like today's I sure appreciative posts like yours will be the cherry on Rav's cake. Bravo fella!

COYR

What a totally OTT post. My initial response was removed for some reason ? Maybe you could ask yourself why Rava has played so few games during that period? Temperament maybe? How many good games have you seen him play for the ?? I am glad he played well today but one swallow and all that…..and try not to be so totally condescending in the future eh???