Matchday Thread: Derby County vs. Barnsley

cannable

Great performance today. In particular Allsop, Bielik and Morrison all stood out but everyone played well and played a part. Some really good football, positive play. Great link up Morrison / Plange for the first goal. Allsop was very commanding and Bielik was vital in cutting stuff out today. 

15 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Let’s not forget we’ve played a game more than Reading, two more than Barnsley. We have to get points against some really good teams.

There - that’s my sensible head. 

However, I just did one of these.

264FF280-D9B4-46C6-9EA6-4AE3AB0E9E66.gif

We have to go away and be on the front foot as we need 3 points from one of them.   We still need 6 wins for me .   I think we need 6 points from the next 9 to stay in it with those games in hand.  At that stage Reading play Barnsley and we'll see where we are.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We have to go away and be on the front foot as we need 3 points from one of them.   We still need 6 wins for me .   I think we need 6 points from the next 9 to stay in it with those games in hand.  At that stage Reading play Barnsley and we'll see where we are.

Additionally, can we have our 2 points back now the EFL have changed the rules to avoid seven teams having a possible points deduction for a year we had a deduction for.  No-one seems to be pushing against this gross inconsistency.

40 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I'd say Rav's selection has been somewhat vindicated ? A thoroughly professional performance from the lads today. Bournemouth up next which will be a different task altogether while Reading are away to the Gumps in one of those games that has you wishing both sides could lose.

The gumps will lose that.

So... let me get this straight... today I witnessed Ravel get a brace, and a Derby player win a good old fashioned shoulder barge without conceding a foul or injuring themselves!  And now I see we have closed ground on our rivals.  Whatever next!  ?

Some solid performances there today, with a big shout for Cashin, but Byrne was back to his majestic self, and gets my nod for motm.

Hey Reading... Mind the gap!   ? 

1 minute ago, SBW said:

Ince apparently gone at Reading.  Not been doing post match interviews.  I wonder if they're having one last swing in panic. 

Had a feeling that might happen .  As he was working for free to help the FFP held over deduction being brought into play they might have an issue.  (Warnock comes in to work for free, then gets a one off payment of 500k to come and mow the grass in two years time shocker )

Good game. Well deserved 3 points

No one put a foot wrong. Even the ref seemed to let a lot go so the game went well.

Byrne was really good.

Festy’s greatest strength is his ability to maintain possession. Little bit concerning when he was storming into the box and then froze and laid it off. I love him and he’s young etc, but the end product needs to come and then he’ll be next level good.

Cashin struggled with their big front man but he’ll learn from it.

Overall a good day in the office and keeps the hope alive.

COYR