Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure we've all heard this one before...

Hello Mr Heating person, I'd like to part with some money and have a new boiler fitted please. "Ok, I'd be happy to come over and give you a quote" Great, I'm off Thursday (10th), would anytime after 12 be ok? "that's fine, see you Thursday after 12" 

You can guess the rest.

If anyone knows of any reputable/reliable folk that cover the Ripley area then feel free to DM me, only if you have the time, or can be bothered, as long as it's not too much trouble...

(then I can invite the original one back, keep them talking for an hour (if they turn up of course), then tell them I've already gone with someone else)

Unaware people in supermarkets who just wander in front of you when a very slight move of the head to one side would let them know an angry badger in a hurry is coming past.

Then using being blind as some kind of excuse  

Doubly annoying when it's people who work there shoving a monstrous trolley of produce in front of you as they whine to their colleague about not getting off until 9.

They should be so lucky, I've not got off since 1998. 

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Unaware people in supermarkets who just wander in front of you when a very slight move of the head to one side would let them know an angry badger in a hurry is coming past.

Then using being blind as some kind of excuse  

Doubly annoying when it's people who work there shoving a monstrous trolley of produce in front of you as they whine to their colleague about not getting off until 9.

They should be so lucky, I've not got off since 1998. 

Add to that, people who get to the checkout, and the assistant says that will b £x.x, and they suddenly start looking for something to make payment with, as if they never had any expectation that payment might be a requirement. Old people are the worst. I would ban them from Waitrose and more often than not I would have the store to myself.

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Add to that, people who get to the checkout, and the assistant says that will b £x.x, and they suddenly start looking for something to make payment with, as if they never had any expectation that payment might be a requirement. Old people are the worst. I would ban them from Waitrose and more often than not I would have the store to myself.

I put on the previous version of this thread, I'd load the handheld scanner with Bullets, for exactly this scenario. 

Nowadays I feel sorry for the old buggers, having to cope with the self checkout system ain't easy for the best of us.

It's also quite embarrassing, when 2/3rds of the shopping chimes out loudly that supervision will be required to buy this product, please continue. 

To be fair, I should probably cut back on the glue sniffing anyway.

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

If you can afford to shop at Waitrose........you can afford a personal shopper. Mine's called a Wife--other options are available

10 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

when people use the microwave but for some insane reason, take their food out with <10seconds left on the countdown timer! Then don't reset the timer.

Surely worse are the ones who puts something in the microwave, it ends and then beeps at you every ten seconds for eternity while they've gone off to do something else.

On 03/07/2023 at 18:46, Rev said:

Scammers.

I work for a small engineering company, and during the course of a 10 minute phone call this morning, they managed to help themselves to £70,000 of company money. 

A years wages for our 3 most junior employees, in other words.

When this happened, the firm was told an investigation would take place, and a resolution would take 10 working days. 

20k was returned almost immediately, due to the transaction being blocked, but the rest would be subject to investigation.

No such investigation has taken place, as far as we can tell, not one witness statement obtained, no contact from anyone in authority, yet today the missing amount has landed back in the bank, without forewarning of any sort.

Not one email, call or contact of any sort to explain the situation. 

Crime really does pay, if you're smart enough.

54 minutes ago, Rev said:

When this happened, the firm was told an investigation would take place, and a resolution would take 10 working days. 

20k was returned almost immediately, due to the transaction being blocked, but the rest would be subject to investigation.

No such investigation has taken place, as far as we can tell, not one witness statement obtained, no contact from anyone in authority, yet today the missing amount has landed back in the bank, without forewarning of any sort.

Not one email, call or contact of any sort to explain the situation. 

Crime really does pay, if you're smart enough.

Are you saying that your bank has refunded 100% of the 'scammed' money with no explanation whatsoever?