Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

I see these dips as a buying opportunityhave had 3000 pounds in my account waiting to add to my Legal and General shares,well after this mornings dip have managed to buy another 1140 shares making total held 2164 so in June my dividend will be 2164 times 0.1393p,around 300 pounds,tax free as they are held in a ISA account.Anyone who buys shares have a look.

• 3 weeks later...

The company we use to make foreign payments has just been taken over.

Old company charged £4.00 per transaction, new company charges £10.00 and the old 0800 freephone number is now a premium rate 0870.

Other than that it's a marvelous change for us, robbing barstards. 😡

Edited by Grumpy Git

10 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

The company we use to make foreign payments has just been taken over.

Old company charged £4.00 per transaction, new company charges £10.00 and the old 0800 freephone number is now a premium rate 0870.

Other than that it's a marvelous change for us, robbing barstards. 😡

Sounds like you're basically paying for the takeover. As you say, robbing cnuts. 🤬

• 2 weeks later...

Either I'm getting old and grumpy or detest them even more, we seem to be having a lot more cold callers this year. I must have had 5 in the past week or so. I know we're in desperate times at the moment but jeez. Give it a rest.

On 13/04/2023 at 14:06, SSD said:

Either I'm getting old and grumpy or detest them even more, we seem to be having a lot more cold callers this year. I must have had 5 in the past week or so. I know we're in desperate times at the moment but jeez. Give it a rest.

Only 5? I seem to get 5 a day. 

54 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I asked for a life insurance quote from legal & general but went with another provider. 

Thanks legal & general for my hourly reminder email that I've not finished the process and there's still time. 

Privilege home ins, My yearly quote was £122 up from £114 with 6 years no claims, Went on Confused.com, Privilege home ins £94 with 6 years no claims...only difference was I pay the 1st £350 instead of £250 of any claim 🤷‍♀️ 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

I asked for a life insurance quote from legal & general but went with another provider. 

Thanks legal & general for my hourly reminder email that I've not finished the process and there's still time. 

Get the missus to email them back, saying "Sorry, but on behalf of my late husband, I can confirm it will no longer be required!".  Add a lily motif to the bottom corner, and some tearful emojis for added effect!  

👀

Privilege home ins, My yearly quote was £122 up from £114 with 6 years no claims, Went on Confused.com, Privilege home ins £94 with 6 years no claims...only difference was I pay the 1st £350 instead of £250 of any claim 🤷‍♀️ 

Lucky b*******. 

Mine and the wife's is nearly £80 a month. Life insurance - I think you're talking about building and contents. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Get the missus to email them back, saying "Sorry, but on behalf of my late husband, I can confirm it will no longer be required!".  Add a lily motif to the bottom corner, and some tearful emojis for added effect!  

👀

A bit like how I now deal with the calls "were you involved in an accident that wasn't your fault?". I tell them it wasn't an accident, and if I see him again I'll kill the little s**t. They tend to be a bit lost for words and hang up. 

6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Dandelions. Effing things.

A constant battle to keep them out of my lawn but it's a losing battle. Spent the best part of an hour yesterday digging a load of them out.

Hate them.

Tuck themselves away in the bad weather as well to give you a taste of what life is like without them.  The bamfords of the weed world.  Councils never pick up the cuttings properly or clear road verges now to give them a head start.  Dandelions on steroids.

7 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Dandelions. Effing things.

A constant battle to keep them out of my lawn but it's a losing battle. Spent the best part of an hour yesterday digging a load of them out.

Hate them.

Once you’ve dug them out at the root, apply a combined fertiliser and weed killer. Might not stop them completely but will help (from experience).

Not really annoying, but...

I always find it funny when people say "Can I just squeeze past you mate?" and then expect me to move.

I always just feel like saying "yeah, of course you can...  go on then..." and waiting for them to make their move.

Why? Because if I move, well they're not really 'squeezing past' me are they!? 

Edited by Kokosnuss

when you buy something, and then are immediately consumed with emails from that company trying to sell you what you just bought, as if you didn't manage to find them when you needed to buy what you bought!

Two examples.

1, Booked some flights via TUI about 10 days ago. Within a week, I've had to unsubscribe as was getting 3 emails a day from them

2, Booked airport parking this morning. Already received 3 emails trying to sell me insurance, lounge access and more parking.

49 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

when you buy something, and then are immediately consumed with emails from that company trying to sell you what you just bought, as if you didn't manage to find them when you needed to buy what you bought!

Two examples.

1, Booked some flights via TUI about 10 days ago. Within a week, I've had to unsubscribe as was getting 3 emails a day from them

2, Booked airport parking this morning. Already received 3 emails trying to sell me insurance, lounge access and more parking.

If I buy anything physical they always ask for my email address.  They never get it. 

About 8 years ago someone booked some tickets for a lounge at East Mids airport.  They used my my email as a contact .  Think I've had 5-10 emails a week of them since for lounge offers and parking.  Never even used the bloody thing.