Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

On 07/03/2023 at 01:15, i-Ram said:

Just got back from my first ever all inclusive holiday. Dislikes included:

Guests turning up in the restaurant in shorts, talking with a northern accent.

Guests wearing gaudy ill fitting Tshirts, or worse still football shirts, talking with a northern accent.

Guests piling in like they have never eaten or drank before, talking with a northern accent.

Guests moaning about the food, or service, or entertainment, talking with a particularly whiney northern accent.

Won’t do it again. Far too many agreeable Germans pissing me off.

You mean Londoners?

🤣

Sex scenes in American television and movies - where the woman keeps her bra on throughout like it's genuine. I have no problem with actresses not wanting to undress on camera but if you're then going to ask them to simulate orgasms and have a potty mouth while they do it then it kind of defeats the point. It so rarely enhances the plot, looks more like box ticking (no puns please) to titillate somehow (again, no puns please).

There are so many ways to show this, if it is your want, without somehow suggesting the woman is at the point of delirium sexually without having unclasped her brassiere. And largely driven by the rather weird Bible Belt views of many in the US that showing someone shooting fifteen people dead with a semi-automatic is OK but just a glance of a nipple is beyond reproach.

On 01/05/2023 at 12:50, BaaLocks said:

Sex scenes in American television and movies - where the woman keeps her bra on throughout like it's genuine. I have no problem with actresses not wanting to undress on camera but if you're then going to ask them to simulate orgasms and have a potty mouth while they do it then it kind of defeats the point. It so rarely enhances the plot, looks more like box ticking (no puns please) to titillate somehow (again, no puns please).

There are so many ways to show this, if it is your want, without somehow suggesting the woman is at the point of delirium sexually without having unclasped her brassiere. And largely driven by the rather weird Bible Belt views of many in the US that showing someone shooting fifteen people dead with a semi-automatic is OK but just a glance of a nipple is beyond reproach.

Yep, think it’s fair to say no mass murderers have used nipples as weapons.

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I’m not sure of the point you, or the graph, are trying to make. As I understand it, the UK is more reliant on gas (rather than renewable or nuclear) and has less gas storage capacity than other EU countries so the statement is probably correct to an extent- the UK has been harder hit by the factors listed.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Same old same old. Just accept that we're poorer now?

image.thumb.png.a0ae7caca60e1d671afed6bfa60ec922.png

https://fullfact.org/economy/energy-prices-europe-comparison/

Did you read the link you just shared?

"These prices are not what consumers pay for energy, or any type of average. They are how much electricity cost companies in those countries for delivery in the 19th hour on 12 December."

"In January 2023, out of the countries in the post, electricity cost the most in Germany at 54c per kilowatt hour, followed by Denmark, where it was 53c. In the UK it was 47c (42p) while the European average was 29c."

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Did you read the link you just shared?

"These prices are not what consumers pay for energy, or any type of average. They are how much electricity cost companies in those countries for delivery in the 19th hour on 12 December."

"In January 2023, out of the countries in the post, electricity cost the most in Germany at 54c per kilowatt hour, followed by Denmark, where it was 53c. In the UK it was 47c (42p) while the European average was 29c."

I went to https://fullfact.org/economy/energy-prices-europe-comparison/ to see what they had to say. 

The quote is theirs which seems more relevant, as it relates to domestic prices - that was the point I corrected.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I went to https://fullfact.org/economy/energy-prices-europe-comparison/ to see what they had to say. 

The quote is theirs which seems more relevant, as it relates to domestic prices - that was the point I corrected.

Your screenshot is still misleading. Even if energy bills have 'gone up' in Europe, but 'dramatically gone up' in the UK, the actual cost to the domestic consumer is still less than countries such as Germany and Denmark.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Your screenshot is still misleading. Even if energy bills have 'gone up' in Europe, but 'dramatically gone up' in the UK, the actual cost to the domestic consumer is still less than countries such as Germany and Denmark.

I saw no reason to keep going back to a point you told me was fallacious, so I pointed out a fact that was of relevance.

British Gas, They asked for my meter readings...as they always do(no smart meter)sent them off and my bill has come in as estimated, My Gas by over some 18 therms or whatever they are, Been on their "Chat" page and they said I should be sending the readings 5 days before they are due...never had to do this before 🙄, 30mins online for them to send me my correct Bill from readings that I sent, We seem to be having the Piss taken out of us 😡

• 1 month later...

More and more shops asking you to press the green or red button before confirming your payment, depending on whether you want to donate 20p to their chosen charidee or not.

It matters not that I prefer to choose my own charidees, and donate voluntarily as and when I feel in the mood.*
It matters not that you have the cheek to ask, when I should be out enjoying my hassle-free shopping experience.
It matters not that I have chosen to pay for my wares by using my iphone partly due to speed & ease.

It does matter, however, that the main reason I choose this payment method is to avoid having to touch the same filthy f****** red button as a million other folk have, since the last time you sanitised the bloody thing!

Next time, either you press the f****** red button for me, or the queue gets held up whilst I slowly and deliberately sanitise before, during, and after what is meant to be a f****** contactless transaction!

It wasn't that many months ago when all you shop workers were crying about being front line, and facing instant death by a million germs!  So go back to your bosses, and tell them to shove their germ-ridden charidee buttons up their arses!

*but I don't like to talk about it. 

Edited by Mucker1884