Huddersfield Town (A) Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

13 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Yes I think he got it wrong tonight. We were just starting to get a foothold in the game. The substitution was negative.

It didnt need to be negative though, even with the same sub. Keep ot as a back 4, put Buchanan LB & push Ebosele further forward.

Should have used Ebosele's pace more as an out ball with 10men to keep them pegged back a little.

Love Wayne and Liam but anyone could see after taking Sibley off we couldn't play with Lawrence up front on his own for 40 mins. I was screaming for him to chuck ebesie at rw bryne could have chucked ball down the line to him and we still would have had 4 defenders and 3 holding mid too late and envited pressure too early got what we deserved. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

That post doesn't make sense. Lampards or Clements teams weren't playing in the league today. 

Makes sense if you don’t want to be awkward. It’s just annoying how good our squads have been over the past few years but not quite good enough to get over the line - if we had those teams this season we would get promoted. Second person tonight who’s tried to get argumentative when I’ve not exactly insulted someone.

Get a grip

Shot ourselves in the foot over the last three games. Not scoring while we were on top at Florist. Conceding an early goal v Brum. Then the early doors dismissal of Stearman this eve. Fine margins. Can't fault the commitment of the players. Away fans a credit to the club. Onwards and upwards.

Edited by Sheff Ram

10 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Wafer thin squad really showing now. We’re still better than Barnsley, Peterborough & reading. We got to keep on fighting. 

And believing, we’re not down yet by a long way. Keeping Reading within sight needs a win against Hull. Boro could be anything But couple of home wins against Peterborough and Millwall achievable.

Next game is a momentum builder and they’ll need a vocal home crowd right behind them. 

Keep the faith and cheer them on.

24 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Poor sub by Rooney imo with Sibley for Cashin, going 5 at the back invited pressure just as we were frustrating them & having abit more of the ball

I agree, seemed an odd decision just after Sibley had muscled past a couple of defenders to get clean through and then shown some great close control on the touch line. Rooney’s been awesome all season. Can’t get em all right. Looking forward to hull now. Got my tix for that, peterborough and millwall. 3 massive games. 

Just now, twelveincher said:

Makes sense if you don’t want to be awkward. It’s just annoying how good our squads have been over the past few years but not quite good enough to get over the line - if we had those teams this season we would get promoted. Second person tonight who’s tried to get argumentative when I’ve not exactly insulted someone.

Get a grip

Genuinely not trying to be anything. Merely having the temerity to point out that the standard of the league today and at the time of Lampards and Clements reigns may have been totally different.

Can't argue about us wasting a boat load of money but if you remember for example we were 5th when Clement was sacked so who knows. 

And you're the second person tonight to use Steve Gibsons logic on predicting outcomes so quite ironic that  it's OK to apply it when it suits the argument. 

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Rooney doesnt sound happy, told no players need to go out but 9 have gone now - questioning where the money has gone n if it means proof of funds now so embargo can be lifted to sign free agents

Interesting point - if we've the money until the end of the season, why can't the embargo be lifted or lessened?

Just now, Zag zig said:

And believing, we’re not down yet by a long way. Keeping Reading within sight needs a win against Hull. Boro could be anything But couple of home wins against Peterborough and Millwall achievable.

Next game is a momentum builder and they’ll need a vocal home crowd right behind them. 

Keep the faith and cheer them on.

Lose v Hull and not beating Peterborough and I think the fat lady will be singing