Fans March Sunday v Birmingham

therams69

17 minutes ago, Ramifications said:

I live 90 miles away, so when I go to Pride Park, I usually park nearer the ground. 

Please could someone recommend a good parking spot near the Assembly Rooms? Any decent car parks? I prefer to pay and leave it safe. I will walk back after the game. 

Thanks in advance. 

I'm going to park in my usual spot in Wilmorton and leg it to the centre for 11.30.  If I'm a little late I'll join in a bit further down the road.

Just spoken to Albatross Taxis..

Anyone attending the march on Sunday and in need of a taxi please use discount code savedcfc to get 20% off the taxi fare.

You must add your card details to the Albatross App to be applicable.

Bear in mind taxis will be very busy so best to allow plenty of time.

A big thank you to Albatross Cars..

Any other businesses doing something such as opening early or incentives please PM me.

5 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Could this not be an invite to Brum fans to show unity. 

I agree with @RoyMac5. Solidarity would be good but I think this should be about DCFC and our passion for keeping our club alive not any kind of joint anti-EFL protest. Also, sadly I don’t think there would be any way to guarantee that any idiots (from either side), that have been on the pop already, from taking the opportunity for some “banter”.

3 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Could this not be an invite to Brum fans to show unity. 

I agree with posters worried about both potentially watering down / splitting the message, and about keeping any unruly elements away - as the last thing we need now is any negative press, but imagine how powerful a message it would send out to see fans from other clubs supporting the campaign.

The cat is already out of the bag, and the march has been widely reported. Indeed there are already some Portsmouth fans attending the match to lend some support, as reported on Radio Derby, so I'd be surprised if they've come all this way and don't join in. I bet there are fans of other clubs attending that we don't know about.

Fans from different clubs wearing different club colours marching together could actually make some strong headlines, especially as the Premier League is on it's winter break.

I would imagine if anything, that would increase the potential coverage.

2 hours ago, Addingham Ram said:

I agree with posters worried about both potentially watering down / splitting the message, and about keeping any unruly elements away - as the last thing we need now is any negative press, but imagine how powerful a message it would send out to see fans from other clubs supporting the campaign.

The cat is already out of the bag, and the march has been widely reported. Indeed there are already some Portsmouth fans attending the match to lend some support, as reported on Radio Derby, so I'd be surprised if they've come all this way and don't join in. I bet there are fans of other clubs attending that we don't know about.

Fans from different clubs wearing different club colours marching together could actually make some strong headlines, especially as the Premier League is on it's winter break.

I would imagine if anything, that would increase the potential coverage.

Could not agree more. It is absolutely vital that nobody breaks the law and undoes all the good work and public support we have