Rob Couhig on Sports Scene at 6

Ellafella

1 minute ago, Rev said:

I honestly think this is what undid us.

I think the EFL might have raised an eyebrow at our policies beforehand, but couldn't see a big enough downside to take action.

Once we started artificially pushing losses into a different accounting year by offering these extensions, only to then agree transfers weeks later was when they drilled down on what we were doing, and decided they didn't like it.

Could also be because the value of a player with a year on their contract is more than the same player with 6 months left

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes this, when Couhig said that Morris admitted in an interview that he was fully aware that as soon as he published the new accounts the club would be hit by sanctions. Implication is that Morris deliberately timed these events which would show some form of premeditation.

Have to admit not sure which interview Couhig alludes to but don't think he's daft to start making up things that Morris allegedly said in public.

The radio Derby interview when he stated we were over the limits in 2018 by £4m using the EFL' preferred amortisation policy... or something like that

1 minute ago, I know nuffin said:

Could also be because the value of a player with a year on their contract is more than the same player with 6 months left

Did we realise that added value through sales, or did the players leave for nothing?

7 minutes ago, Rev said:

I honestly think this is what undid us.

I think the EFL might have raised an eyebrow at our policies beforehand, but couldn't see a big enough downside to take action.

Once we started artificially pushing losses into a different accounting year by offering these extensions, only to then agree transfers weeks later was when they drilled down on what we were doing, and decided they didn't like it.

The timing isn't too far off. The EFL's first reference to the amortisation policy:

20. 15/04/19 – EFL query why amortization fluctuates so much between seasons.

Prior to this the only significant departures were Ince and Vydra, both with no net impact in the P&S period(s) under investigation. I imagine we were discussing contract renewals with Blackman, Butterfield and Johnson around this point.

Is anyone up of EFL regs? I'm writing to Rick to complain about the "systematic cheating" comments and was going to suggest they had broken this regulation.  Anone have any better ideas?

21.2        Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 21.1, all Officials and Players shall by virtue of their fulfilment of those roles be deemed to have given to The League:

21.2.1    an undertaking to The League not to bring The League or any Club, into disrepute;

19 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Boro and wycombe are colluding. They are purposefully using the word ‘cheating’ because they know catchphrase brexit Britain will jump on it.

The biggest fact that is being omitted from all the stories all along and that Derby have not done nearly enough to communicate is that the accounts were signed off and Mel openly talked in the fans forums how we amortised players. That’s why we handed new contracts to Johnson and butterfield before letting them go.  Then the EFL decided to go back on it and this point is conveniently left out by all involved. And why has no one ever just simply said to the EFL btw lads if you told us 3 years ago to stop using this accounting method, we wouldn’t have. We ever cheated, we did something we thought we could do. 

We never hid a thing. 

Couhig in other interviews last year used the phase systematic cheating - well we now know where that came from judging from the MFC statement today. 

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I get the feeling that a competent barrister could take this guy's claims apart. Ed is clearly not a barrister.

I think a good proportion of this forum could have taken the claims apart......

Very disappointing,  would have been better getting Colin Gibson to have done it

1 minute ago, Shipley Ram said:

Is anyone up of EFL regs? I'm writing to Rick to complain about the "systematic cheating" comments and was going to suggest they had broken this regulation.  Anone have any better ideas?

21.2        Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 21.1, all Officials and Players shall by virtue of their fulfilment of those roles be deemed to have given to The League:

21.2.1    an undertaking to The League not to bring The League or any Club, into disrepute;

No harm in trying 

2 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

We accepted a punishment for those 'offences' so i'd suggest as unpleasant as the language is, it's not something that could be really challenged in an official sense. 

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

It’s difficult to interview people with preconceived ideas on a situation.

We just have to hope the EFL can put pressure on Wycombe and Boro to drop their spurious nebulous claims or we have had it IMO. 
Only Mike Ashley can save us now. 

Yep it’s Mike Ashley who actually wants a fight on his horse in nice shiny Armour or bust 

1 minute ago, Rich84 said:

I think a good proportion of this forum could have taken the claims apart......

Very disappointing,  would have been better getting Colin Gibson to have done it

Easy to do behind a pc/phone screen when you can fact check what he's saying rather than doing it face to face.

I doubt even Ed felt he did a good job interviewing, but he still managed to show the entire country what a weasel the wannabe Saul Goodman is.

4 minutes ago, SBW said:

We accepted a punishment for those 'offences' so i'd suggest as unpleasant as the language is, it's not something that could be really challenged in an official sense. 

Yes but I was going to also send this from DC2, which suggests that the means rea required for "systematic cheating" has not been made out.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Shipley Ram
formating

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yep it’s Mike Ashley who actually wants a fight on his horse in nice shiny Armour or bust 

Of course, he only wants to do it after using delaying tactics to try and get 25p in the pound down to 10p without much care for the staff or players or league position, probably already fully operating on the great escape not happening.

9 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

You know his email address? 

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

In what way hard done by, They were promoted on a basis of points per game, They were shyte most of the season, They won there last game when Boro couldn't be arsed, They were relegated as they got less points than us, We hold no blame, Go and run along the M6 and turn off for Preston, It's the ELF you need to sue.

They got less points than us when we were beyond pathetic all season !

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Thank you. That's the answer I was looking (and hoping) for.

Now why oh why didn't Dawes research that beforehand and point it out to Couhig?

The biggest one missed was why anybody in there right mind would swap relegation for a 6 million pay out that is likely to be binned off knowing they'll be 2 million worse off immediately and potentially have an 8 million swing either way in perpetuity without promotion.