Urgent Question on DCFC in Parliament

EulogyForEvolution

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Echo what everyone's said about the urgent question and having the debate. It shows the idiocy of Parliament that, now the Sports Minister has turned up, he can't step in instead so he's sitting there but his sidekick is having to do the talking.

The Boro fan MP says Boro are prepared to be realistic about their claim. Someone needs to stand up now and say the Boro claim is completely unrealistic and would totally destroy the integrity of a sport if it were given any merit whatsoever.

Boro need to be called out rather than trying it on as Gibson has.

A lone voice who sounded like fool.  

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Echo what everyone's said about the urgent question and having the debate. It shows the idiocy of Parliament that, now the Sports Minister has turned up, he can't step in instead so he's sitting there but his sidekick is having to do the talking.

The Boro fan MP says Boro are prepared to be realistic about their claim. Someone needs to stand up now and say the Boro claim is completely unrealistic and would totally destroy the integrity of a sport if it were given any merit whatsoever.

Boro need to be called out rather than trying it on as Gibson has.

Call me Mr Pragmatic

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Point of order at the end disappointing the actual minister didn't field the UQ.

Some good stuff said, but ultimately an awful lot of "we urge all parties to get it resolved"

To be fair, the Minister did say he "Demands" that the EFL resolves this to save "this great club". Can't ask for more just now. He hasn't ruled out direct intervention.  

It was great to see the support for the club, but there is an awful long way to go yet. 

I didn't appreciate the Minister for Sport not being there for the UQ. I know how it works and he could have been there if he wanted to.

I also want to say a huge well done to everyone on this campaign. As I said before, I work in politics and things like this do not tend to happen without pressure coming from constituents. I'm working quite far away from Derby now but there have been so many emails coming into the inbox from Derby fans urging actions. 

Keep it up. Let's hope the Minister gets straight on the phone to the EFL.

1 minute ago, Olton Ram said:

I was impressed by the geographical mix of MPs speaking, including even the SNP MP at the end. I thought it might just be a handful of local MPs present, but there seemed to be genuine concern from MPs from around the country 

That was a pleasant surprise as it's long been SNP policy to ignore matters that don't involve/affect Scotland.

My MP did respond to my email to say she's sorry about my team and sent a link to the UQ and that she'd write to the scotgov minister about the issues as they be of concern in the Scottish League as well. She wasn't the snp lady who spoke though.