Player of the half season?

jcidaho

Curtis and Jags will get the headlines because of their profiles, the last ditch defending bravery and leadership which has been vital. I think Jagielka has been excellent playing out from the back also.

But Max Bird gets my vote. Been derided by a a few (I say a few on here) written off as not good enough for his performances last season forgetting the impact he had in Cocu’s first season. He has barely had a bad game all season, excellent on the ball playing passes through the lines but very underrated defensively, good in the tackle and excellent positional sense. Our most consistent player IMO.

Interesting no one so far has said Lawrence who I think has been excellent also not had many bad games and deserves a mention.

7 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

And it’s good to see Max Bird rediscover that early promise.

He’s becoming a v classy footballer, he makes time for himself w great skill and is using the ball better and better. And he positions himself well in defence. One answer tho to the question where a fit Bielik fits in is - a straight swap for MB. Would be a v tough end to MB’s season 

There are a lot of players who have been exceptional, all showing some

real class at times.

Jags in particular, but for sheer consistency  i'd have to go with Curtis Davis

how many times during a game does he come up with an important block, header etc..

and it know seems he's going to be scoring as well!

An absolute club legend, and he was on the verge of retiring about 2 years ago, thank God

he's still with us  ?

Plus 1 for Curtis Davis for me. As others have said, absolute legend already and if this is his final year, what a way to show how much of a real man he is with the example he sets.

Love him to bits.

Max Bird is the young player of the year and would be 3rd in the main running behind Jags. One excellent footballer.

It’s a team game but the lions are leading the enthusiastic lambs with utter professionalism with Club and on the real pitch captain Curtis Davies showing everything.

the best bit is that they are decently paid but they are not doing this for the money it’s because they love playing football and they want to help and that is one of best aspects we are watching every week. It’s also another reason the football world are getting behind our truly fantastic effort. It might be another subconscious reason why we seem to be getting some less harsher 50/50 decisions compared to the last two seasons currently.