Player of the half season?

jcidaho

Curtis Davies for me.

I know it’s cheating a little but following on from the last game of last season really when he came on to give his all to keep us up, despite not recovering from a serious injury and not knowing if it was his last game in professional football, let alone for Derby.

But at his age, the desire, the passion, the influence he has on this team. I believe it’s infectious for the rest of the players and he must be such a positive role model for the young players coming through. He doesn’t have the armband on, but he’s certainly the captain of this football club.

Davies, Jagielka or Bird, take your pick. Shinnie probably could have sneaked into that list if he was apart of the previous few games, but it looks like he may have lost his starting spot to Thompson now.

The fact Jagielka is out of contract in just a few weeks time is very worrying. You'd have thought there would be a handful of teams in the bottom half of the Championship and even those near the top of League 1 wanting someone like him to come in and add experience and help get them over the line (avoid relegation or achieve promotion). And most if not all could probably afford to pay him more than we're allowed to. 

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Davies, Jagielka or Bird, take your pick. Shinnie probably could have sneaked into that list if he was apart of the previous few games, but it looks like he may have lost his starting spot to Thompson now.

The fact Jagielka is out of contract in just a few weeks time is very worrying. You'd have thought there would be a handful of teams in the bottom half of the Championship and even those near the top of League 1 wanting someone like him to come in and add experience and help get them over the line (avoid relegation or achieve promotion). And most if not all could probably afford to pay him more than we're allowed to. 

Agree, a big worry…

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Jagielka’s performances and influence is hardly a surprise though. If he had offers in the summer but chose us, I hope he’d do the same again. If nobody else was willing to take a punt but we were, then again I’d hope he’d choose to stay with us for that reason again.