The Administration Thread

Boycie

42 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Can you imagine the moaning if the Council used taxpayer’s money to buy the stadium or help a private business in any way (never mind any legal issues relating to ‘state aid’)?

The Derby populace go mental whenever the DT report that the Council have spent a few bob trying to make the City look a bit nicer; God knows what they’d say about millions on DCFC! This is assuming they have the money, which they don’t (again, imagine the furore if while they’re making people redundant they were spending cash on a football club). They might be able to spin it as an investment in the City’s economic well-being and a money earner through rent/interest, but I think it would go down like a lead balloon. 

No, I can’t see Team Derby and the Council being any more than a well intentioned talking shop.

But that's the narrow minded, short sightedness of folk who honestly believe their council tax pays for their bin collection and bin collection only.  They cannot see the bigger picture.

Yes they would moan if DCC helped the club, but they would moan louder if the club went to the wall.

9 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

A loan from MSD would suggest we are nowhere near getting a preferred bidder.

But, at least it gives us more time.

And I imagine MSD would not stump up the cash if they thought they were going to lose it - unless they're thinking it might be the only way to recover what they're already owed. That said, I thought Mel was the guarantor, if the club defaulted, on the existing debts.

7 minutes ago, The Big One said:

Heard it on good authority we are hours away from a further 15 point deduction, you couldnt really make this up.  What an utter utter mess.

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

For what?

Isn't it if you come out of Administration without paying football creditors 100% and other secured creditors (e.g. HMRC) at least 25% ?

But that would suggest we're coming out of Administration. That would contradict the story about the MSD loan.

I am sure the Administrators will explain everything ?

Edited by IslandExile

Can’t wait for the next ******** update from Quantuma published through the Derby Telegraph or whatever

“We understand fans frustrations however we are making decent progress and hope to have a preferred bidder in place by the end of March

We will be making no further comment until then”

Fed up now. Struggling to continue to feel invested in all of this, part of me worries we’re just continuing to delay the inevitable demise of the club. Can’t afford to keep stressing and expecting anything to happen because it’s ducking up my mental state.

For Lent I am giving up listening to journalists and the administrators.

16 minutes ago, The Big One said:

Heard it on good authority we are hours away from a further 15 point deduction, you couldnt really make this up.  What an utter utter mess.

You need to listen to the correct people then. The 15 point deduction only applies to the following season IF minimum amounts aren't paid to creditors.

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

But that's the narrow minded, short sightedness of folk who honestly believe their council tax pays for their bin collection and bin collection only.  They cannot see the bigger picture.

Yes they would moan if DCC helped the club, but they would moan louder if the club went to the wall.

I honestly doubt they would,not everyone has any interest in football and if they do it's there in front of them on the TV.

I think it's ignorance on your part to suggest they are narrow minded,short sighted,people are fully aware of what their council tax is used for, the bigger picture for them, if money is available, is repairs to schools,more teachers  etc.

The days of council owned grounds or sponsoring professional football clubs are long gone.

The council needs to be seen as "doing something" even if actually doesn't, people expecting the council to come to the rescue of a privately owned professional football club are in for a shock if they think they will part with any money.

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Barry has spoken on Twitter… not sharing here as I imagine his stock is quite low. But it makes for depressing reading ?

It's the usual Barry twist on the latest information tweeted by Dorsett and Nixon. No bid satisfies all classes of creditor debt in respect of p/£ which would mean -15 points next season.